Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labradoodle

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
oakesr

Re: Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labrado

Post by oakesr » 28 Mar 2014, 21:02

Very well said Anne, the OP is clearly trying to do right by the dog and I think she will persevere to find a lovely, safe home for her. Good luck Tracey xxx
Rachel & Roma

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 28 Mar 2014, 21:30

Hi Anne, I understand exactly what you saying and yes I and others are also trying to help her too by suggesting that she should consider very carefully her choices. Yes she is doing the right thing by posting on here but the LT ought to be the way to go that's why it's called a Trust ie someone you can trust to do the right thing for Milly.

I myself am not in a position to help her as you suggest (I too have an older doodle who although great with other dogs is getting very staid in his ways like Tracey's other dogs) although I would happily do so if I could.

Re-reading her post Tracey says she doesn't want a temporary home for Milly she wants her to go direct to her new forever home next and not a halfway home. That's why (as I understand it) she wont let her go to the Labradoodle Trust now and go through the re-homing procedure.

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 29 Mar 2014, 00:04

Goodness things seem to be getting a bit fraught on this thread.

TraceyLincs sounds as though she has thought very carefully about rehoming Milly. It would be a surprise if she had not considered the danger of Milly being used by unscrupulous puppy farmers but if by chance she hasn't then I think a fair few people have SHOUTED it out to her on this thread. She has posted some lovely pictures of Milly which also show evidence of everything that she said such as her older GSDs and the Lincs landscape.

Everyone is a first time poster at some point even Bid :wink: because people have only just posted it doesn't mean they are unscrupulous and want Milly to breed from her. Everyone sounded as though they would be able to provide a good home for a doodle. Of course if people are new to the forum it would be sensible to make further enquiries but I would suggest that should be the same for anyone who puts themselves forward to adopt a doodle however many times they have posted.

Personally if I had found a doodle and cared for it I think I would very much like to be involved in rehoming them too if I could not keep them. One option might be for TraceyLincs to be a fosterer for Milly and then have access to the resources of the Trust and their list of families looking for a Doodle.

I think if I were Tracey Lincs I would run a mile from this forum and wish I'd never asked for help in re-homing a doodle. If I were one of the first time posters offering a home I think I would be completley put off regardless of my suitability to home a doodle.

On line anyone can be who they want to be so it is important to be cautious but there are loads of doodles who need a new home so lets not put people off just for putting themselves forward -they may be great :)
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 29 Mar 2014, 08:10

Sometimes forums can get overheated when you are passionate about things and want to get your point across.

I am sure Tracey is totally understanding about everything, she has done her research and her original post and photos would back that up but we haven't heard from her since and I wonder if she has had enough!!! As long as Millie is rehomed properly (and it seems that Tracey is doing everything) isn't that good.

As for the first time posters, perhaps they haven't all had doodles, would like a doodle and have been hovering around the forum not needing to post (as a lot do, just read some of our members' posts) but when Tracey put the post on for Millie they decided to join us to ask about Millie!

I also know a couple of people that had enough of the way some of us posted and have left and some just don't even post any more. I know we should all accept the written word is not sometimes how it would come across if we were speaking. Perhaps we should have a Skype forum where we talk :lol:

We can only support Tracey and Millie in the best possible way so Millie does get a new home.

When all said and done, Millie who looks absolutely wonder,needs a home and we can all support Tracey and Millie in this quest.

I think we are all right to put our points across but sometimes need to be careful of how it is done. (so now I sit back and wait for the flack)
:(
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Yellow bird

Post by Yellow bird » 29 Mar 2014, 08:36

Not that as a 'first time poster' do I feel the need to explain but.... I googled labradoodle and the association came up I then read up on re homing hence the 'first time'. I have a 3 year old neutered male and thought as he has such a fabulous life I could offer a re home rather than just buy another puppy. I could also give every detail of where I live but feel if Milly's owner would like to talk more that would be between us. I hope that answers your query Vincente! Kind regards!

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 29 Mar 2014, 08:57

Spot on Dee. Spot on. :wink:
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

canteron

Post by canteron » 29 Mar 2014, 11:33

I agree, spot on Dee.

Tracy has clearly bonded with the dog and wants to ensure that she loves the home it goes to and that she can keep in touch. That to be applauded. After all, she could have just taken the dog to the local pound and let it take its chances.

I am sure that the Labradoodle Trust is the most fabulous organisation, but maybe some of the posters on here aren't being great ambassadors?

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 29 Mar 2014, 20:22

Welcome to the forum, Yellow bird - not the best welcome, I know but please stick with us...

Anne & Ianto x

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 29 Mar 2014, 22:09

Never take anyone on face value.. The nicest people turn out to be less than xxx
ImageImage

Yellow bird

Post by Yellow bird » 29 Mar 2014, 22:20

Not exactly enamoured Anne and Ianto thank you. Again kind regards

swardie

Post by swardie » 29 Mar 2014, 22:56

Welcome, Yellowbird. I'm quite a new member to this forum, and have had a couple of issues, mainly concerning new owners of Doods trying to do their best, but left feeling we never get it quite right ! I liken it to joining an office as junior, and learning about the various personalities , knowledge bases etc. But everyone on here completely loves their Doods, and you can pick and choose what info you want. Please stick with us. Every single one of us can always learn something from another's experience!

swardie

Post by swardie » 29 Mar 2014, 22:58

And, Dee, I agree with you totally!!

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 29 Mar 2014, 23:09

Well said Dee, and welcome Yellowbird, I'm so sorry you did not get the welcome I personally would have liked.

I found this forum a lifeline when I first got my doodle and it helped me enormously. I don't post often now, mainly take a look for walks local to me and to just catch up on news.

Unfortunately rehoming threads often end up like this and fairly recently Mark, the forum admin, stopped rehoming posts altogether. At the time I argued for their reinstatement as they perform a valuable service. I'm staring to wonder if he was right after all. Sad, so very sad.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 30 Mar 2014, 09:23

I think it would be a shame for people not to be able to use this site to help with rehoming as we all care passionately about dogs. Perhaps the solution could be that people wishing to reply were requested only to do so through private messages so that the forum doesn't get personally involved.

Good luck with the rehoming Tracey I hope that you find the right home for Millie.

I say to my boys, 'it's the differences in people that make us who we are and if we were all the same wouldn't life be boring!'
And 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' (something I have learned from personal experience on this forum :oops: ).

I don't post very often but like to pop on here quite regularly to read up on what's going on, I quite often want to post something but when I type it doesn't always come across how I mean it so I delete (have an awful habit of putting my foot in it!!), I always read my message in the preview before I post, perhaps this might help when posting on an emotional subject such as this? :D

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 30 Mar 2014, 09:29

actually that is a good idea, perhaps Mark can put it in the rehoming section rules, if you are interested and think you can rehome, please PM the rehomer (if that's what you call it)

Well said Jennifer and I know where you are coming from :D :D
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage