including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 22:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Goodbye to our beautiful doodles
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 18:36 

Welcome to the forum and so glad you have taken in a doodle needing a forever home. Look forward to hearing about Jenny settling in :D

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 21:31 

brilliant news

ImageImage

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2014, 00:04 

Thank you to everyone for all your lovely and caring replies. To say it is traumatic is an understatement. It is heartbreaking and tears have been shed every single day. I haven't been able to go back on here as it it made it all a reality. Thank you to Dianne who has taken our beautiful Jenny today not only into her home but her heart, making a traumatic time so much easier. Today we are exhausted with emotion of Jenny leaving us as Bob and Mopsy are still here. Mopsy's new home has fallen through and Bob has yet to leave. Is it wrong we are almost grateful this has happened just to have longer with them. Tonight I feel they know Jenny has gone. They seem very forlorn. My children have sobbed right into the evening. It is all so hard. I have been desperate to show everyone our lovely dogs but can not attach a photo. So hoping you can see them on this link. Bob is the biggest, Mopsy is white and Jenny is the smaller black one. All gorgeous and just beautiful. Shaved or full of labradoodle hair. How we love them. Down to two now and it is so very much harder than I could have imagined. Thank you to you all xx
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag4 ... 95df1d.jpg

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2014, 02:20 

I am so sorry you are going through this trauma. At least Jenny is safe and in a good home you have seen and you will know she is loved and get updates.

What is the situation now with your other two?

Is there any possibility of friends fostering them for a while to see if your son makes progress without them or if it's not the dogs that's a threat to his condition?

If you want a home check a bit further afield as a first step with any re-homing, to help you sort out potential homes before visiting yourself, do ask as several of us here are very experienced fosterers and re-homers, aside from the Doodle Trust.

There are some people who post on the Forum, who are newcomers who haven't met any other Doodlers or posted, who might offer a home but many of us know each other (and our Doods) and walk together or have meets so can help vouch for a potential home.

Chin up as it certainly sounds like Jenny will be safe and happy, even though it's so sad for you.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2014, 10:11 

I can't begin to understand the pain and sadness you must be feeling. What an awful situation for you. If I could take one of your lovely doods I would do it in a second, but the park where I live is restricted to one dog per home.

So wonderful that Diane has taken Jenny and will stay in touch with you. I wish with all my heart that you find such a lovely home for Mopsy and Bob.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 18:50 

Hello everyone

I thought you might like to see some photographs of Jenny. She is settling in brilliantly and is so much part of our family. Vicki was right she is such a sweet, lovely, affectionate girl. Jenny is on the right with the black curly coat. DE.

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 20:30 

So glad she found a good home ,it makes it so much better when you know they are cared for.I had to rehome a dog few years ago and found a family ,went to there house. she said I could keep in touch but after a few weeks when I phoned to see if I could see him ,even if it was over a field where the dog couldn't see me cause didn't want to upset him ,they had changed there number ,its been five years and I still worry about him.I just wanted her to let me know how he was getting on.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 21:47 

a sort of happy ending all round

what had to be had to be and at least everyone is okay

Jenny looks extremely doodly happy

ImageImage

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 22:54 

So glad that Jenny has settled in so well. She looks happy, contented and comfortable which is all that we can ever ask for our fur babies.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 23:04 

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos, Diane Jane. Jenny certainly looks as if she has settled in well! Two very happy-looking doodles... :D
Anne & Ianto x

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2014, 01:13 

Jenny looks very relaxed and happy, well done Diane. :D