including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 19:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Curtain tracks or poles?
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 23:54 

My brain hurts :cry: . I am trying to unravel the mysteries of curtain tracks and poles. AAAHHHH :twisted:

Help desperately needed from fellow Doodlers :P :P

Hubbie refuses to move until I have curtains up, as someone might see him in the nuddie :oops: (They'de need a bl**dy good telescope)

Since I will have a bath with a direct window facing the bay, specially raised on a plinth so I can lie in it to see the view, with bubbles jetting and a glass of something gorgeous I don't care who sees me :lol:

Which is the best method? What do you have and how does it work?

I am searching for a metal/silver/stainless steel look at reasonable cost, a couple of windows have right angle turns.

1. Electric curtain track - Pro - Don't touch curtains, lie in bed and be lazy! :P
Con - Vastly expensive and no budget for this :cry:

2. Corded curtain poles with rings - Pro - Don't touch curtain, stylish
Con - pricey, still see rings, don't work well on traditional style rufflette tape curtains

3. Corded curtain poles with integrated rings built into the pole - Pro Don't touch curtains, no rings showing/rattling
Con - still pricey, curtains have to hang below pole? so not good for traditional rufflettes.

4. Flat metal integrated rings built in corded curtain track - Pro - stylish, no rings, don't touch curtains, easy to cut to length.
Con - pricey, curtains have to hang below track.

So far I have realised that I need something metal for strength, I want corded so I don't touch the curtains (finger stains - why am I thinking about this - I have Doodles who love to play Hide 'n' Seek behind the curtains :roll: ), I don't like rings rattling, I don't like curtains hanging below poles or tracks, I like something stylish, plain and contemporary (so cheap plastic white track is a no-no :twisted: ) and I want to have at least two bend connectors.

and I can no longer afford lovely remote control, open in the morning automatically fancy dancy electrical curtains as I had dreamt of and had the electric points put in for :cry: :cry: :cry:

What do you have, does it work well for you and what is it called and where did you get it?

All help greatly appreciated before my brain explodes :oops:

(Thank God we don't have Kevin McCloud doing a Grand Design on our build, with his doom & gloom predictions, or I would have shoved a curtain pole where the sun don't shine :twisted: )

Post subject: Re: Curtain tracks or poles?
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 00:03 

Hi,

Why are we still up at this time of night?? Anyway, I have a variety of curtains/blinds in my house. In the bathroom I have a roller blind but when we got the new bathroom, I made sure if had a thing down the side to pull it up and down - I was not very good with the ones you have the pole at the bottom coz every time I touched it, it rattled upwards and I could never get it back down! Mostly all the other windows had vertical blinds but I have brass coloured poles (or silver metal in my daughter's room). The curtains in my living room have rings through them (although they have some kind of plastic thing round them that I don't know what to do with, something to do with spacing I think) and the bedroom are tab tops. Only thing with that is the pole comes quite far out from the wall so in the summer the light shines right through and wakes me up early!!!

Not sure if this is of any help. Your house sounds fabulous! It's quite exciting moving house - have you had it specially designed? Sorry, don't mean to be nosey!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 00:15 

Hi Laura

I am up wearing my brain out on bl**dy curtain tracks :twisted: Makes a change from actually going to bed and waking up in the early hours worrying about budgets, builders or the latest disaster uncovered :roll: .

Yes, we have had a 'dream house' completely gutted through, extended and landscaped and but it has all gone completely t*ts-up, the builder went bust, we found out he was a rogue cowboy and has scammed us out of at least £80,000 (and counting) and we have spent the last 6 months trying to get the place put right and starting again basically so no-one would be killed whilst using the house/balcony. The local building control inspector has been as much use as a chocolate teapot :evil:

No, we are not completely idiots, we checked them out extremely carefully, and the joke is one was the lead builder on a TV prog on BBC 1 helping people with problems do up houses/community centres etc etc. Mr Master Craftsman, Opening Building Depts in local college etc etc etc . What a joke :lol: :cry:

The really galling thing is that the main rogue has just started up with another name, is having a lovely holiday abroad currently, coming home to his jacuzzi (doubtless paid for out of our budget) and has lots more jobs lined up and suckers to take in all over again. Yes, we have reported it all to Trading Standards. There is nothing they can do as the company had limited liability and all his assets are in his wife's name. Anyone know the name of a good knee-capper? Only joking - although tempting :twisted:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 00:25 

That's terrible!!! More annoying no doubt because you were very careful with who you chose. We've had a couple of minor crises ourselves and that was bad enough. It worries you sick. Hope you finally enjoy it though. Curtains must seem like a bit of a relief really! I do like the sound of the electric ones though, like you say you can just sit where you are and use a remote :P

Saw your post with your walk the other day - looked like they were having fun. We have just started to let Aonghus off the lead and he really enjoys it. He's not always so keen on the bath afterwards, it hardly seems to stop raining these days and he gets really muddy and is cream! You can imagine. Have also been reading about the problems other people have been having with other owners and their dogs. It really is scary but I think the biggest difference is the reaction of the responsible/irresponsible owners. Like many, I am striving to have a well behaved dog and the one thing we have problems with is jumping up. He does it in a very friendly way but many people don't mind and it's the mixed messages. We have a couple of very small dogs turn on Aonghus and he came running back to us. The same dogs we had a problem with when he was very small and my daughter ended up picking him up to get him away from the other dogs! The owner was not in the least bit concerned but I try to go in other direction without being obvious to Aonghus when i see them coming!

It's not easy but it is a shame that so many people are not enjoying their walks because of it.

Anyway, best head off to bed now. Lots to do tomorrow and this is way beyond my normal bed-time! Hope you don't dream about curtains!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 14:53 

I don't suppose you'd have verticle blinds, that way you can have them open for you - he can have them shut and when the sun is too bright you can have them closed but open !!!!!! for the light to come in or angled for anyone in the distance with binoculars !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear of blo...y builders. I'm so :mrgreen: cos it looks great in the photo you had recently. Good luck anyway. Can we come to open day !!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 16:45 

ooooooooo - that sounds like an excellent idea - an open doodle house at Mrs As new pad :lol: We're all dying to see it - it sounds just amazing, although i know it's been more than a nightmare to get done. What do you think Mrs Admin - a house warming doodle dash chez vous????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 17:56 

Sorry to be bossy, but you HAVE to have the flash remote control electric curtains in the bathroom with the raised bath & the bubbles & the view & the wine - sod the rest of the house :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 17:58 

We have the rail with the cords in our living room - we opted for a brass rail since it is visible. The lady who made the curtains provided it so I can't say where it came from, but it's been there for 20 years so far. One point though - you may not get finger stains on your curtains, but you do get grubby greasy cord to pull on to close them :roll:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 23:11 

Rhonk wrote:
ooooooooo - that sounds like an excellent idea - an open doodle house at Mrs As new pad :lol: We're all dying to see it - it sounds just amazing, although i know it's been more than a nightmare to get done. What do you think Mrs Admin - a house warming doodle dash chez vous????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if I can pay for the garden designers to have a holiday in Florida so they are far, far away when the Doodles rip up all their lovingly laid turf (hopefully in the next couple of weeks) and dive into the flower beds:shock:

We are going to move all the barricades at the front of the site to round the lawn to keep Jack and Becky off it for three months to give it a fighting chance before they doodle dash on it. :roll:

When we actually move in we'll have a virtual party on here (if I can work out a way to do it that isn't too computer technical)
:lol:

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 23:14 

Bid wrote:
you may not get finger stains on your curtains, but you do get grubby greasy cord to pull on to close them :roll:

Ah, now I know how to cure that (courtesy of Kim and Aggie) :P

You soak some cotton wool in bleach and wrap it round the cord (making sure it touches nothing else) and leave it for half an hour. I use it on light pulls and roller blind cords. Works a treat.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 23:17 

Bid wrote:
Sorry to be bossy, but you HAVE to have the flash remote control electric curtains in the bathroom with the raised bath & the bubbles & the view & the wine - sod the rest of the house :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually planned to have nothing but it is next to the balcony and Hubbie thinks visitors might wander down it towards our bedroom end and get a shock to see him on the loo with the paper :oops: (Men :cry: - disgusting habit :twisted: ).

I don't think the Building Inspector will allow electric tracks in a bathroom. :cry: He's only good at petty rules - nothing useful like making they have done the drains, foundations, roof trusses, wall building correctly. :evil:

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 02:11 

Hello, this is kent from China, we produce curtain track, curtain rod and accessories. if you still have questions about track and poles, please feel free to contact us. The detailed website is http://www.curtain-track.net