We get our motor-home tomorrow......yea!

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
molsp

We get our motor-home tomorrow......yea!

Post by molsp » 03 Apr 2014, 21:56

Nah nah na-na nah! Cant wait

I don't know if anyone can remember that we were thinking about it a while ago? Well, we finally did it. It is lovely. It has its own shower and toilet and little kitchen. We pick it up tomorrow and we are booked onto a local site for the weekend, so that we can get some practice, and, find out what haven't thought about :wink: .

Bring on the summer ! - Well, actually, its an all year round jobby so [tongue out to the weather gremlins] you won't stop me! 8)

Sharon-Tilly

Re: We get our motor-home tomorrow......yea!

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 03 Apr 2014, 22:02

Oo how exciting, we have thought about it. Think we are going to rent a caravan during the summer, see how we like the camping malarkey :D
ImageImage

Manda64

Post by Manda64 » 03 Apr 2014, 22:05

Really jealous Molsp, husband just won't be tempted. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

doodleted

Post by doodleted » 03 Apr 2014, 22:50

Brilliant. You will love it.
We have a narrow boat and our friends have a motor-home, they come and meet us when we are away. We have some great times. Their dog has a great time and has made one of the bunks her own.
Our dogs love boating so when they meet us its great.
Dont worry about the weather it gets to the stage where you dont notice rain and when its nice its just an added bonus.
Enjoy.
Ted doodle

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 04 Apr 2014, 07:26

Wel jel! :D :lol:
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 04 Apr 2014, 07:40

My husband is with Manda64s - no way

I wanted one to drive to Italy!!!!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 04 Apr 2014, 08:33

That's great. We are looking for a touring caravan to buy so we can take Scooby on holiday with us. We are also thinking of taking the van abroad in the Winter. Should be interesting!
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

molsp

Post by molsp » 04 Apr 2014, 08:51

pick it up at 1.30 ........ seems like 3 weeks away :|

Guess I will walk dogs, groom dogs, hoover, tidy, and pile more stuff onto the mountain of motor home kit that has grown on the kitchen table.

wobble.gob

Post by wobble.gob » 04 Apr 2014, 09:49

Ah I'm well jel! :lol: :lol:

Would love love LOVE a motorhome! I just love the idea of being able just to pack up our things, grab the dog and go!!

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 Apr 2014, 09:58

You lucky girl!! I'm in the camp that would love one but have an OH who won't contemplate it... :roll: (not unless it's one of those huge RV things from the US).

Not long to go now... will you be going to Lakeland for all those 'things you never knew you couldn't live without'? :lol:

Happy Trails!! :D

Anne & Ianto x

Niandsa

Post by Niandsa » 04 Apr 2014, 10:30

Fantastic! A few nights away locally is a great idea - you'll be amazed how much you'll find out you need! We have a touring caravan and love our breaks away with the dogs. We're off to Keswick for Easter - can't wait!

Check out ukcampsite.co.uk if you haven't found it already. The forums are full of info and the campsite search is the best in the U.K. Most sites have reviews from other campers so you can learn about them from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Happy Camping!
ImageImage
Poppy and Rosie

travis

Post by travis » 05 Apr 2014, 22:27

We'd love another motorhome having had a few in the past but we just don't have the space to keep one. Amongst our favourite memories are driving through the night with the kids asleep in their beds, arriving at Criccieth in the early hours and watching dolphins in the bay before anyone else had arrived. We also went sledging one winter and it was such a great feeling to get back in the warmth, brew up and thaw out the ice that was stuck to our then Old English Sheepdog's feet. The great thing about a motorhome over a caravan is that when you are stuck in a traffiic queue you can get at food and drinks and even a toilet, it didn't really matter how long we were stuck there. I'd like to think one day we will get another one.
Enjoy your adventures :D

Useful information for anyone heading across the channel by car.Driving to Portugal Our Way
Mechanical Rodeo Bull Hire For private parties & fun days.

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 06 Apr 2014, 19:34

We have just come back from the seaside trip in ours its was great we could stop and have a cuppa and let dexter out for wee,ours is a old whinnybago buts its ours and we love it,What type is yours.
ImageImage

molsp

Post by molsp » 07 Apr 2014, 18:51

We did it! :D We went to a local site on friday only to realise we had no scissors to cut through the plastic cord securing the electric lead - so back home it was. :lol: Luckily we didn't do too badly after that but it is a huge learning curve, setting it all up (electric, gas, water, heating, wheel chocks, arial, etc) and then undoing it all to come home.

My little maisy was really dubious on the first drive but she quickly settled down but Lola took it all in her stride 8)
ours is a old whinnybago buts its ours and we love it,What type is yours.
Its a Swift Fiat (?) its only small (2 berth) but perfectly formed and we have now ordered a groovy blow up awning to fit to it

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 07 Apr 2014, 20:21

Yay!! So glad you had a good time :D :D

Are you coming to Doodlefest with the van now?