Had a good cry at Marley and me

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Rachelhodgkins

Had a good cry at Marley and me

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 16 Sep 2014, 21:32

Watched Marley and me today never seen before was suppose to watch it with hubby but kids have been poorly and was a lil bored. I was sobbing by the end ( I never cry at films) hubby want to watch it but said can watch on his own as it's just too sad.

thepadster

Re: Had a good cry at Marley and me

Post by thepadster » 16 Sep 2014, 21:56

The end was very sad I agree but I have to say the film annoyed me the dog was badly behaved.

The film I haven't had the courage to see is Haichi (spelt something like that); a real doggy heart wrencher by all accounts.
ImageImage

oakesr

Post by oakesr » 16 Sep 2014, 22:17

OMG, Hachi is SO sad. I couldn't possibly watch that again! Has anyone ever seen that episode of Emmerdale where Edna's dog was pts? Saddest. Scene. Ever. :(
Rachel & Roma

Rachelhodgkins

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 16 Sep 2014, 22:46

I agree was like a dozen peoples bad moments with their dog all rolled into one dog, but the kids loved that bit. Kids always like watching naughty animals or children dunno why

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 17 Sep 2014, 08:16

I'm a sucker for a weepy film or book but I am a big cry baby and it's a rare film that doesn't have something in it to make me well up.

I watched Hachi and bawled - loved it!. I read Marley and me which took me about 2 days to read (I am a book in a few hours girl). The reason it took so long was each time I got part way through the newspaper article that the author had written after Marley had died, I had to stop because I couldn't read through the tears. I took about 3 hours just to get through that bit alone. I was much better in the film but didn't enjoy it as much as the book.

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 17 Sep 2014, 10:20

I'm a big baby too! I cried a river! I'll never watch it again, I can't cope with it!
ImageImage

Masil

Post by Masil » 17 Sep 2014, 22:24

I haven't watched Marley and me, but I cried buckets when I read the book. Can't watch Hatchi because I would be a wreck. I even cried at Ice Age :?

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 18 Sep 2014, 06:55

You mean there are people that Don't cry at Ice Age???????

How odd :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachelhodgkins

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 18 Sep 2014, 10:23

Lol the hubby watched it last night even upset him. He was most apologetic for not understanding how I felt when had our family dog put down last year( 17 years old was my dog at 9 years old but stayed with my mum and brother when I moved out at 20 as descided was yo old to move her away.) my hubby never owned a dog that was like family.

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 18 Sep 2014, 20:34

Omg I cried at Marley and me so sad but love the film. Reminds me of my doodle Maisy when Marley stole something and ran around the house with it hahaha I was in fits of laughter! Could totally relate! I bought the book after the film but not had a chance to read it yet.

As for Hatchi I bought it for my mum one xmas and she watched it and told me how amazing it was but sooo sad so anyway I decided to watch it... knowing that by the end of it I will be in tears and my god it's amazing! Based.on a true story too, you have to watch it just make sure you have the tissues ready as ifyou cried at Marley and me this is worse but such a brilliant and lovely film. Great storyline. I'm going to have to watch it again sometime soon. Any other good doggy films you'd recommend ?
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

Rachelhodgkins

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 18 Sep 2014, 21:50

Yes we can relate to the stealing and running lol. In fact I bet I spent a good fifth of my day retrieving stolen items as usually involves chasing a pup around the garden so I think I do my 30 min of cardio each day. :lol:

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 19 Sep 2014, 08:09

I watched Marley at the cinema and I don't think there was a dry eye in the place! i thought it a lovely film and I laughed as well as cried. I think the ending was in a way beautiful as well as sad (something all us dog lovers have to face). It was my birthday treat after a meal at local Chinese! Had to have a brandy when I got home to settle my nerves,!
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 22 Sep 2014, 21:54

I haven't seen the film as I was just too annoyed with the guy in the book!! As to Hachi, am I odd? I couldn't help feeling that the poor dog's life was wasted, sitting there in all weathers... :( I did cry at 'Bambi' though... :roll:
Anne & Ianto x

Bren

Post by Bren » 22 Sep 2014, 22:27

I always cried at Lassie films and still do, but I still watch them. I also cried at Marley and me. are'nt we softie's at heart?

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 26 Sep 2014, 07:43

I read a book by Dean Koontz "A Big Little Life" - that was lovely.

Dean Koontz is a thriller/suspense/supernatural writer and I did not know what to expect but it was the most beautiful book (and true) and written from the heart

Dare I watch Hatachi?
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage