Doodle Friendly - Renault 1.4 Kangoo

This forum is for posting reviews of dog- and labradoodle-related /products/. Please do not use it for making or soliciting comments about breeders or people (although /most/ breeders are people too!)
daffodil

Doodle Friendly - Renault 1.4 Kangoo

Post by daffodil » 26 Feb 2011, 12:04

Sorry haven't visited for while, lots of things to sort one of which was a new car. Some of my FB friends might have seen my post about some yobs who decided to go on a rampage with a :stick:crowbar through the passenger side of a fast moving car and smash in excess of 100 car windows. Sadly, the police say they don't have enough evidence to pursue a prosecution so they get away scot free :sad:

The old car was beyond repair so we decided to get a 1.4 Renault Kangoo!
http://www.buyyourcar.co.uk/used-car/re ... 61205.aspx
(The car shown in the link is grossly overpriced! We bought ours for £1,000 with only 77,000 miles on the clock).

It is a bit like a people carrier inside but athsetically pleasing (layout), low maintenance interiors (plastic covings instead of carpeted), low insurance (1.4 models fall into Group 10), cheaper tax (£135 p/year) & really economical on petrol. You can easily fit 2 large standard doodle in them without putting the seats down and accomodate 5 adults in the car. Its a really good car if your a first time driver (DH has been driving 10 months) and our insurance company have agreed to insure us fully comprehensively for £780 for 10 months (full advance payment).

Can't wait to go to on holiday with the car now & we will now be able to seriously consider coming to the Labradoodle Trust Show :jump:
Hope this post helps any doodle owners thinking of part-exchanging or buying a new car as it was a bit of a minefield for us checking out all the local cars to assess the size of the boot space :giggle:

john ford

Re: Doodle Friendly - Renault 1.4 Kangoo

Post by john ford » 26 Feb 2011, 19:51

we were looking for a new car when we got our dog we always had small cars .so we got an estate but when he was in the boot i felt he was a long way from me in front so most of the time i sat in back with him he also found it hard to jump in boot any way something went wrong and while we had it fixed we had a micra off my nephew and dexter loves it we pull frnt seat forward and he just walks in aand lieson back seat so we are dicieding which one to keep but the tax is high on the estate and more on insurance so we might keep micra for time being it will be a problem if we take other people out and dog but ill keep ur car in mind if we decide to change

linny

Post by linny » 26 Feb 2011, 20:55

I like Renault and did look at the Kangoo when I was looking for a dog /child friendly waggon last year
If I didn't need four wheel drive I think I would have chosen it for myself,
it's really practical isn't it......enjoy :)

daffodil

Post by daffodil » 26 Feb 2011, 20:56

I am off to my sister's tomorrow and will try and take a photo of Buster (our doodle) & Alfie (my uncle's lab) sitting in the back. Will bribe them with a little puffed jerky so you get an idea of size. I put this thread in both reviews and general as its a bit of both really.

You will definately need to take a test drive once or twice if your thinking of taking a Kangoo as the way it looks outside and inside is so polar opposite and then you have to get used to the handling, a bit like driving a plush van with windows :lol:

daffodil

Post by daffodil » 26 Feb 2011, 21:05

linny wrote:I like Renault and did look at the Kangoo when I was looking for a dog /child friendly waggon last year
If I didn't need four wheel drive I think I would have chosen it for myself,
it's really practical isn't it......enjoy :)
Its so economical petrol wise despite the size and the cheap insurance was a bonus. DH was really concerned with getting an estate - high insurance, powerful engine, gas guzzler. DH loves the fact even with Buster being so tall he can still see through the back window whilst driving. I like all the windows more than anythings, its just feels claustrophobic. We are already thinking of upgrading to a new model in a copule of years with the aviation storage units in the roof and if possible a sunroof 8)

Buster has been for his trial run today, first did not go well as he was sliding on the plastic flooring in the boot. Solved this by popping into Halfords (for a dog guard) they had large rubber carmats (they are huge!) to clear for £5 each. If you have a people carrier or 4x4 they would be equally useful and they can be hosed down when you have muddy doodles inthe back :idea: Second trip to the supermarket he was much better and caught sleeping fully stretched out in the back :lol: I think I've been converted to the joys of a Kangoo!

What does evryone else have? What do you use if you have 2x doodles? Does anyone use roof racks if using the boot for the dogs?

john ford

Post by john ford » 26 Feb 2011, 22:05

i have been looking at them on ebay and we are very interested in getting one we whish we would have known about them before we got estate we are trying to sell it first or we could swop it we just want our boy to be comfortable and safe

Wyrd

Post by Wyrd » 15 Mar 2011, 11:20

Just been on auto trader to look at these and think I may have found my next car!

I've currently got a Saxo and it's interesting trying to fit 3 dogs on the backseat if i need to take them anywhere.

john ford

Post by john ford » 15 Mar 2011, 16:12

we have sold estate so we are lookin for a kangoo or a citren bilono which his similer to the kangoo been lookin at revews cause dont now which one to go for also the is a peugot panther aswell we have looked on auto trader but seem to be to far away any got any off these let me now if they are ok and which one is best to get thanks

Daisy2

Post by Daisy2 » 19 May 2011, 20:55

We have a Renault Kangoo 1.6. We go camping and find the aviator lockers are really useful for storing things.
My husband has limited mobility due to an illness so he gets aroung with a mobility scooter. It doesn't come apart like the smaller ones so we have to fit this in the car and the dog. Luckily the back seats split and go down separately so Wilf gets a seat and the scooter goes the other side. I like the fact that the passenger doors slide open which is useful if you are parked between cars in a carpark as you can open them right up. Also you have a choice of how the back doors open, either lift up like normal boots or open right out to each side. We have the open out doors which makes getting the scooter into the car very easy with the ramps. I think it is probably the best car for our circumstances we have had.

john ford

Post by john ford » 20 May 2011, 12:35

we did get a kangoo and its a 1.5 diesel very pleased with it so far only had it few weeks so time will tell its great on fuel loads of sace dexter is lost in boot ,my dad wants one now