How do you deal with Doodle land mines?

This forum is for posting reviews of dog- and labradoodle-related /products/. Please do not use it for making or soliciting comments about breeders or people (although /most/ breeders are people too!)
MrsAdmin

Re: How do you deal with Doodle land mines?

Post by MrsAdmin » 13 Apr 2013, 07:49

The general consensus on here over the years has been that dog loos are cr*p :cry:

You shouldn't compost dog poo, or put it into your wheelie bin, even when bagged. Most councils will tell you how they want it disposed of but round here the best way is to have a bin lined with two plastic bags, bag up the poo with biodegradable nappy sacks or dog bags and then seal and place the whole thing in a dog poo bin for the council to dispose of properly (I think it is burnt at high temperature or something).

Farmers are now up in arms about people leaving dog poo all over their fields as it's not healthy for livestock eating the grass.

If out in the countryside, grab and bag and hang on the back windscreen to take home (without stinking the car out) or dispose of properly in a designated dog poo bin en route.

It's our responsibility, as good dog owners, to dispose of poo properly. It's this problem that gets our dogs banned from being able to run off lead in parks and fields. :cry:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Salsis

Post by Salsis » 13 Apr 2013, 08:00

Our local council advise bagging it and binning it in the wheelie bin or burying it in the garden
Daisy Doodle & Sal

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 13 Apr 2013, 08:20

sitting here, after breakfast. laughing our heads off at the thought of someone being hit on the head with flying poo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We bag it upand put it in the bin. Hubby does ask if we would be allowed to flush it down the loo? :roll:
ImageImage

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 13 Apr 2013, 10:03

Ha ha Julieju- so have I! :lol:

Mrs Admin is right to admonish us- we should do the right thing and so many people don't.
A family friend got sick of the same owner letting her dog poo in her drive way and one day it was the final straw when her girls trod in it and tramped it all inside the car on the busy school/work run. :evil:

The next time she picked it up in a shovel and knowing where the woman lived, knocked on the door and when she appeared said-
"I've got something that belongs to you!" and lobbed it down her hall! :shock: :lol:

OH was a bit squeamish about picking up and as we live in the country would often "forget" the poo bags.

One day he was out on a walk and I got a call to say-
"I'm on the corner, can you bring a poo bag?"
:x Grr! So off I trotted, poo bag in hand and there he was, in front of a neighbor's drive and Tess had done a doodle doo right in front of it. He looked at me imploringly but I said-
"Your walk- your poo" and left him to it.
Well they say what goes around comes around and a week or so later, the neighbours came in our shop and bought a chest of drawers.
"We saw you outside the other day," they said, "with a fluffy dog."
So they were obviously watching and I don't think they would have come and bought something had we left the poo there!
Beware - Poo karma does exist so it seems! :lol:
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 13 Apr 2013, 20:36

Poo karma!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: might explain some of the s**t that has happened to me in the past :lol:

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 13 Apr 2013, 20:49

:lol: me too- but I picked up my poos so what went wrong! :wink:
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 13 Apr 2013, 21:04

Errr... It is the dog's poo you are supposed to pick up, not your own. Perhaps this is how the poo karma fairy has gotcha!!! :lol: :lol:

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 13 Apr 2013, 21:17

:lol: :lol: Well alright then- I flushed! :wink:
Xxx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 18 May 2013, 21:18

MrsAdmin wrote:The general consensus on here over the years has been that dog loos are cr*p :cry:
Well we've had the bin for a few weeks now and it is only a partial success at the moment so still looking for a solution.

We have just come back from our holiday where we stayed in a dog friendly cottage with a dog wormery. As there are up to 12 dogs staying on the complex at any one time the wormery that they have is not man enough for the job but I did wonder if anyone has one of these at home? With 2 dogs I would get the 240l one but at nearly £200 it is a huge investment if it doesn't work well.

http://www.earth-essentials.co.uk/prod_ ... yNEWEE.htm

I have done a quick google and there are some other models out there. is there any experience of them at all?
(my kids think that I am fixated with poo and I think my interest here just proves it :oops: ).

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 18 May 2013, 21:45

We had a dog loo several years a go & it was useless!
I have a small container with a lid & use the camping loo stuff to put in it, then after a while we put it down the main drains which goes through our garden.
But like Bid says the advantage of raw fed dogs is hard, nos smelly poo which breaks up easily.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 18 May 2013, 23:02

Beware the wormery solution - was looking at the small print on one which said to bag the poo for a month before putting it in the wormery. Sort of defeats the purpose!

Agree dog loos don't work, and certainly one of the most unpleasant jobs is digging one out to get rid of it!

Composting sort of works but you can only use the compost on ornamental plants.

Am pretty sure lots of the Councils will put dog bin waste in with general landfill...

Bag it and bin it - just don't leave it there!

Suds

Post by Suds » 12 Jul 2013, 16:39

Have you seen the biodegradable poo bags which say:
"Sh-t happens, it's how you deal with it that counts" ?
Our local council says it has to go in with the landfill stuff (they've also taken away the dedicated dog poo bins from the local parks and said to use the ordinary bins instead).
Happily our doodles now seem to prefer to 'go' when out walking so garden land mines are relatively few but for over a year we've had a Tommy Tippee Sangenic Nappy disposal bin (meant for indoor use to contain smell from disposable nappies) in the garden to put the bags in. The contents then go in the landfill bin once a week just before collection. Not very Eco friendly as it's double bagging really but circumstances, my sense of smell and the edicts of our local council leave little choice.
ImageImage
ImageImage

marymuffin

Post by marymuffin » 12 Jul 2013, 17:43

A man from the council was on the telly talking about dog waste and used the expression "Bag it,bin it, any bin will do." H and D

nicky16

Post by nicky16 » 12 Jul 2013, 17:57

I am lucky as where I live the council say as long as it doubled bag can go in the house hold bin

Nicky Mummy to Lexie

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 30 Sep 2013, 08:50

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I never thought poo could be so interesting!!

I put ours in the black bin but I will double bag from now on.

My dad used to get sick to death of next doors cats sh*tting all over his garden so he would scoop it and catapult it back over the fence! More flying poo, weeeeeee! Lol!

Had to laugh at the pic of callie by the stair gate, it looks like she is saying, oh let me upstairs pleeeeeease! I promise I'll be good! :D :lol:
ImageImage