Poppy back from her Speying

Use this section to locate siblings and other dogs related to your own
briansangel

Poppy back from her Speying

Post by briansangel » 14 May 2013, 20:27

My poor baby is crying and grunting.. No collar from Vets just told to not let her lick the wound :shock: have you tried that?.. Her stitches are dissolvable which amazed me as this morning one of the other Vets said they dont use dissolvable as they can cause swelling :? seems a bit confusing... Im worried about when she needs a wee she has to go down 4 steps to have a wee....... Im glad its over but shes not out of the woods yet shes very cold despite house being very warm ive managed to wrap her up in her blanket plus side is she cant reach her wound to lick it with blanket on ... Thankyou all for your previous advice and encouragement prior to her speying xxx

My poor baby is crying and grunting.. No collar from Vets just told to not let her lick the wound have you tried that?.. Her stitches are dissolvable which amazed me as this morning one of the other Vets said they dont use dissolvable as they can cause swelling seems a bit confusing... Im worried about when she needs a wee she has to go down 4 steps to have a wee....... Im glad its over but shes not out of the woods yet shes very cold despite house being very warm ive managed to wrap her up in her blanket plus side is she cant reach her wound to lick it with blanket on ... Thankyou all for your previous advice and encouragement prior to her speying (Added this to bottom of page as it was obscured by damn Adverts) xxx
ImageImage

Bid

Re: Poppy back from her Speying

Post by Bid » 14 May 2013, 20:35

Bless her - she looks comfy wrapped up in her blanket.

DO watch her like a hawk - Daisy managed to lick at her wound and got it infected, which meant it took longer to heal than it should have done. Daisy ended up with a cone, but her sister Raggy wore her Mum's t-shirt with some holes cut for her legs and a knot at hte back to jeep her wound covered. Beamish had a baby-gro from the vet for his neuter wound which worked well too.

Give Poppy a gentle hug from my girls - they know how she feels :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 14 May 2013, 20:37

My heart goes out to you both it must be awful. I cannot believe they haven't given her a collar. Hope you both have a restful night :)
ImageImage

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 14 May 2013, 20:40

I cant believe it either Jay.. Im staying up with her tonight and yes Bid i will watch her like a hawk shes obsessed with trying to lick it i suppose in her eyes its making it better.. Dreading infection xxx
ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 14 May 2013, 20:43

The baby grow ideas seem like a good idea to protect the wound. Hope she settles soon and you get some rest tonight.

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 14 May 2013, 20:46

Oh bless her heart! I hope she's up and doodling around very soon. xx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Bid

Post by Bid » 14 May 2013, 20:52

This was Beamy's t-shirt http://www.dfordog.co.uk/medical-pet-shirts.html I wish I;d though about posting it sooner :(
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 14 May 2013, 20:57

Ooo thanks Bid- I like the idea of those- I can't bear the idea of Tess wearing an uncomfy cone when it's her turn and she's feeling so poorly.
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 14 May 2013, 21:02

Aww bless her little heart. She looks really comfy all wrapped up in her blanket :D :D

I hope you both have a restful night. Just thinking that my Jessie didn't need a cone as
her stitches were in just the right place that she couldn't get to them!

I think (and hope) that you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better your little Poppy feels
tomorrow xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

loubyloufa

Post by loubyloufa » 14 May 2013, 21:25

I hope you both are able to get some sleep tonight and Poppy recovers quickly......this time next week it will be our turn as Sybil is being speyed next Monday and I'm dreading it. I don't want to put my baby through it but I know it's best for her :(

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 14 May 2013, 21:30

Bid my hubby has made her something from his old T shirt we haven't put it on her yet as she's finally quiet and sleeping if she does wear it I'll post a pic tomorrow... Thankyou all for your kind words.. I'm feeling incredibly guilty tho :? Xx
ImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 14 May 2013, 21:55

briansangel wrote:Bid my hubby has made her something from his old T shirt we haven't put it on her yet as she's finally quiet and sleeping if she does wear it I'll post a pic tomorrow... Thankyou all for your kind words.. I'm feeling incredibly guilty tho :? Xx
Don't feel guilty - I didn't get my golden retriever speyed, then at 8 she got pyometra and nearly died! I will definitely be getting Bella done once she's had her first season. (That's the way my vets do it)

Lots of very gentle cuddles and licks from Bella! :D
Last edited by jackieholmes19 on 14 May 2013, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 14 May 2013, 22:16

Poor little Poppy - hope you both have a peaceful night.

nicky16

Post by nicky16 » 15 May 2013, 08:55

Lexie and I send very gentle cuddles and hope she is better soon

Nicky Mummy to Lexie

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 15 May 2013, 10:23

Hi
Hoping Poppy is feeling brighter this morning and that you managed to get some sleep too.
I used a blow up comfy collar on Jazz which looks like a soft doughnut and lets them rest comfortably and the hoomans don't get bruised legs. I got mine on line but some oet shops sell them
Don't feel guilty - she will be bouncing again very soon
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage