Anyone recommend places in norfolk?

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
Littlest hobo

Re: Anyone recommend places in norfolk?

Post by Littlest hobo » 01 Sep 2013, 13:26

Hi - new here and hope I'm not breaking any site rules. Someone please correct me if I'm overstepping the mark.

For future interest, we have a holiday let ground floor apartment in Old Hunstanton and we accept dogs with well-behaved owners! The apartment does have a low step and you might also struggle to cope with the bathroom (bath with shower), we are thinking about replacing the bath with a walk in shower.http://www.littlestints.co.uk/index.html

Old Hunstanton beach is v popular with dog walkers, there are no restrictions and its huge.

Hope you have a lovely time, Holkham is well worth a visit and if you're out that way you should stop off in Wells next the Sea it has a good beach with dog zone, dog friendly and accessible beach cafe. Fish n Chips at French's is popular. Also, Burnham Market aka Richmond by the Sea is a nice place to stop - it has posh shops and dog friendly cafe's and pub.

kimberleyone

Post by kimberleyone » 02 Sep 2013, 07:44

If you do get stuck with dogs on beaches, some have restrictions on til the end of October - Trimingham beach is dog friendly all year. The site we are on is above that beach and it is the reason we chose it over others. Bit of a hill to get to it, but there is a car park at the bottom of the hill which you can get at the nearest point unless it is 80 degrees and August!!!

techiebabe

Post by techiebabe » 08 Sep 2013, 23:28

Ah, Im not sure about the dog restriction dates... most websites say til end sept but a few say oct, my best guess was it used to be oct but is now end sept?

https://www.northnorfolk.org/environment/184.asp says they apply til 30 sept and I downloaded a pdf from a council site showing which areas are restricted, again it said til end sept... hope Ive got it right but we are coming anyway! :-)

Littlest Hobo thanks for the tips about Wells and Burnham Market.

Also I would always advocate a wetroom with walk in shower, my husband is not disabled but he likes showers too... but I guess on holiday people might want luxury? The last place we stayed had a huge jacuzzi bath, but I couldnt get out of it on my own! :oops: