Old Hunstanton Norfolk

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
Jolono

Old Hunstanton Norfolk

Post by Jolono » 26 Oct 2013, 08:31

Just spent a lovely weekend in a cottage at Old Hunstanton. Beach is fantastic - very large and easy to walk Chester without worrying about other dogs. Would recommend The Lodge, a gastro pub with great food that allowed us in with Chester sitting by our feet under the table. Up to 5 dogs in there at one point. Most dog friendly place I have ever been too!

thepadster

Re: Old Hunstanton Norfolk

Post by thepadster » 26 Oct 2013, 11:59

Do you have a link to where you stayed?
ImageImage

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 26 Oct 2013, 12:41

Norfolk Girl here :) So glad you enjoyed your stay :) We love Old Hunstanton and the beach especially on a winters day when it's dry, cold and crisp and I just love taking pics of the beach huts. Lot's of Doodle meets happen there with the "Norfolk Doodlers" but we have to miss sometimes as being in Mid-Norfolk we can't always make the time/day. Our nearest beach is Wells-next-Sea which is about 20 miles but tend to go next door to Holkham but always call into Wells for French's fish and chips...don't get me started on them.... "yummy"....... :D
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Jolono

Post by Jolono » 26 Oct 2013, 18:33

Hi Paddy and mum or dad
If you google Sea Salters Annexe this is where we stayed but it is only one bedroom. Lovely if its just 2 of you and Paddy but not if there is more of you but there was loads of dog friendly choices for cottages. Just thought the whole town and Norfolk in general was great!
For Vinces mum- I am dead jealous it must be lovely to live near the sea. We went to Wells to the pet shop there. Chester had a great time in the sea at Sheringham so we will definitely be coming back your way after Christmas,

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 27 Oct 2013, 11:17

Jolono wrote:For Vinces mum- I am dead jealous it must be lovely to live near the sea. We went to Wells to the pet shop there. Chester had a great time in the sea at Sheringham so we will definitely be coming back your way after Christmas,
Really pleased that you all enjoyed your time in Norfolk :) and I hope you caught some of the good weather that we seem to get a lot of the time :)

I was born in Norwich and of Norfolk parents. I have lived and worked all my life in or around Mid-Norfolk which sometimes I think may sound a bit boring but I do love Norfolk and am very proud of my county. Oh and I have that dreaded Norfolk accent but not too strong (so I'm told by my non Norfolk hubby) and it works really well when we holiday in Dorset, Devon, Somerset or Cornwall because I fit right in with the locals :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

molsp

Post by molsp » 30 Oct 2013, 16:54

I love the beaches at Hunstanton too. It will probably be one of the first places we visit if/when we get our motor home.