how can I have a holiday without my doodle?

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
sarahk

how can I have a holiday without my doodle?

Post by sarahk » 29 Oct 2013, 23:19

we would like to go abroad next summer without Bailey but I am reluctant to leave him in kennels - does anyone out there provide a holiday "home away from home" for doodles? Or can anyone suggest other options? Thanks

cjp

Re: how can I have a holiday without my doodle?

Post by cjp » 29 Oct 2013, 23:25

where do you live?

J RALPH

Post by J RALPH » 29 Oct 2013, 23:25

Hi Sarah

We have just started home boarding.

Where abouts are you?

We are in the West Midlands. We are me, my husband, 2 children, a cat and our own Labradoodle - Scooby.

PM me if you want any information.

Julie

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Oct 2013, 00:00

sarahk,

I was reluctant to leave my dood behind, but had to go to a family funeral in September - we put him in kennels for three days and he loved it!! Our kennels are connected to a local dog rescue, with profits going to help other less fortunate doggies...
If you find the right place, your doodle will have a great time and you can go away without feeling guilty..
(We also took him to a B&B in Cornwall in July, so he had a holiday too... :D )

Anne & Ianto x

Webbs

Post by Webbs » 30 Oct 2013, 10:10

We put Willow into kennels once for a weekend to try it out and then changed kennels and she was there for 17 days as when we got her, we had already booked a two week holiday to florida and we were all going. She was one then and she was fine, they are safe, secure, fed and walked so as long as you feel happy with your kennels, then all is good.

We go away next June but my kids are taking the time off work to look after her but in 2014 we are all off to florida again so we have no choice but to put her in kennels again

If it has to be done, then it has to be done, and its like a holiday for them too :)

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 30 Oct 2013, 10:51

Lulu goes to a home boarder which she loves and last time I picked her up she had ignored me (she had bonded with their teenage son)

Also I lovely friend on here has offered to take her if I am away for a weekend

I too was reluctant to send her away but you know the right place and they are brilliant
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage