Cottages in Cornwall

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
Alfieandlindsey

Cottages in Cornwall

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 07 Nov 2013, 23:08

Good evening folks....

We are looking at holidaying next summer in Cornwall and wondered if any one could recommend a dog friendly cottage. Looking for something which would be suitable for 3 people and 1 x pooch.

We would like to stay some where smart but within a budget of £800 if possible... Xx

Lindsey and Alfie x

elmo75

Re: Cottages in Cornwall

Post by elmo75 » 07 Nov 2013, 23:35

Hello!
Check out Forda near Bude. They have a website and offer a range of lodges and cottages.

Ellie xx
ImageImage

Masil

Post by Masil » 08 Nov 2013, 00:59

Hi Lindsey. We have had loads of holidays in Devon and Cornwall and have always used Hoseasons. We generally go for the lodges and have never been disappointed. We have quite a list of requirements too - dog friendly, fishing on site for the OH, things to do for teens and preferably a hot tub :lol:
Up until now we have always had to go during the school summer hols and have never paid more than £800 for a week. If you book early you can sometimes get really good deals too. Good luck with your search xx
PS - how has your son settled in at his new school?

ambersmum

Post by ambersmum » 08 Nov 2013, 18:34

Going to jump on the bandwagon here if I may :) We're looking for something similar in the Lake District. For April time, 2 bedrooms or 3 for 3 or 5 people and 1 doodle. Would be great if anyone could recommend an area as well. We've never been..

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 08 Nov 2013, 19:18

Ambersmum, we go the Lakes a lot and the last few visits with the dood. Look up Askew Mire near Hesket Newmarket. It's a 3 bed nice old house with big gracious bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a good garden for the dog. We've just booked a week in the New Year at this place in Howgills bordering Yorkshire and Cumbria http://www.snowdropcottagecumbria.co.uk/ . Not so big but big enough for us.
ImageImage

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 08 Nov 2013, 20:50

Thanks Ellie - I will google it later and check it out x

Lindsey and Alfie x

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 08 Nov 2013, 20:56

Masil wrote:Hi Lindsey. We have had loads of holidays in Devon and Cornwall and have always used Hoseasons. We generally go for the lodges and have never been disappointed. We have quite a list of requirements too - dog friendly, fishing on site for the OH, things to do for teens and preferably a hot tub :lol:
Up until now we have always had to go during the school summer hols and have never paid more than £800 for a week. If you book early you can sometimes get really good deals too. Good luck with your search xx
PS - how has your son settled in at his new school?

Hi Masil, Good to hear from you. I've ordered a brochure tonight for hoeseasons so will keep you posted - thanks xx

Charlie is getting on great thanks. The move from primary to secondary has been a big change. He seems to be taking it in his stride though, he hasn't quite turned into 'Kevin' yet but I can already see some moves towards teenage years. I seem to be nagging a bit more and he seems to have developed select hearing....... :lol: :roll:

He is having his tonsils out on Wednesday. He is thrilled at the prospect of 2 weeks off school - I have the nerves for both of us at the minute!

Take care xx

Lindsey and Alfie x

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 08 Nov 2013, 20:59

ambersmum wrote:Going to jump on the bandwagon here if I may :) We're looking for something similar in the Lake District. For April time, 2 bedrooms or 3 for 3 or 5 people and 1 doodle. Would be great if anyone could recommend an area as well. We've never been..

No worries ambers mum. I've no advice on cottages but can recommend Keswick as a place to visit. My in laws live there and it is fabulous. It amazes me every time we go that all the shops accept dogs, pubs, cafés, on the boat - everywhere really! (Apart from costa coffee!! - although they do have outdoor seating) x

Lindsey and Alfie x

ambersmum

Post by ambersmum » 09 Nov 2013, 10:54

Thanks guys, will check that out.. I have a good recommendation if anyone is looking for a really nice dog friendly place near Stirling, stayed there this year and had a lovely relaxing time. The owners are friends of my sisters and they are just lovely people, very welcoming and we had one of the best weeks away !!

http://netherglenny.com/cottages/

shellsie

Post by shellsie » 09 Nov 2013, 14:52

No no no, Lindsey, u need to come to Barrow and see our 'wonderful' beaches. Really just want to meet Alfie ;) xxxx

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 09 Nov 2013, 17:02

shellsie wrote:No no no, Lindsey, u need to come to Barrow and see our 'wonderful' beaches. Really just want to meet Alfie ;) xxxx

Dawn I really need to do that. How far is it from Keswick. Wondering if we could nip over during a weekend stay in Keswick some time. I need to get organised with a visit as their house is up for sale and they are leaving the lakes ....... :( Xxx

Lindsey and Alfie x

shellsie

Post by shellsie » 09 Nov 2013, 21:12

It's about 40 miles from Keswick. I'm definitely not missing out on meeting Alfie, and u and your family of course. Let me know when u next plan to go and we'll sort something out :) :D :D

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 09 Nov 2013, 21:29

shellsie wrote:It's about 40 miles from Keswick. I'm definitely not missing out on meeting Alfie, and u and your family of course. Let me know when u next plan to go and we'll sort something out :) :D :D

Perfect. We will sort something. Would love to meet you all xxx

Lindsey and Alfie x

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 09 Nov 2013, 21:50

Hi Lindsey

Have you seen this place? Nr St Austell ?
Have not been but bookmarked more than a year ago ... Cannot get more dog friendly
Depends what you like eg barn conversion or other folks around but accomm is high end and v dog friendly. eg private patio , free run fields etc

Oops: helps if I add the link ! http://www.bedandbasket.co.uk/availability3.htm

PS: Mrs Admin - place for you ...they have had 6 dogs stay at one time :wink:

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 09 Nov 2013, 23:35

Pollydoodle wrote:Hi Lindsey

Have you seen this place? Nr St Austell ?
Have not been but bookmarked more than a year ago ... Cannot get more dog friendly
Depends what you like eg barn conversion or other folks around but accomm is high end and v dog friendly. eg private patio , free run fields etc

Oops: helps if I add the link ! http://www.bedandbasket.co.uk/availability3.htm

PS: Mrs Admin - place for you ...they have had 6 dogs stay at one time :wink:
Pollydoodle - thank you so much this looks perfect.

I have emailed them tonight regarding price and availability. I think it may be the 1150 price which was a bit over our budget but looks like it could be worth it.

Thanks so much, I will keep you posted x

Lindsey and Alfie x