France

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
jonb

France

Post by jonb » 28 Jul 2014, 09:54

Basically the whole place is dog friendly! Took some real getting used to being able to take Roker into restaurants, hotels etc without any issues at all. First night in Arromanches we asked if there was any room outside but it was full, as we went to leave they just said it wasnt a problem for him to be inside and pick a table! In most of the bars we stopped at for a drink he got a bowl of water before they took our order!!

Also for anyone considering taking their dog abroad we had no real issues with the passport etc and getting him in and out. On the way out they didnt check anything to do with him then on the way back we got him sorted with his worming tablet on the Thursday ahead of travelling on Sunday and then at the ferry they checked the passport for the relevant vaccinations etc, asked me to scan his chip and then we were on our way.

susiet

Re: France

Post by susiet » 28 Jul 2014, 11:44

Glad it was stress free and you are having a lovely time! Really interested in your post as thinking of taking our two sometime in the future. Where abouts have you stayed? Are you doing self catering? Hope Roker had fun meeting a few French poodles!
Flora Doodle

roza

Post by roza » 28 Jul 2014, 12:08

jonb wrote:Basically the whole place is dog friendly! Took some real getting used to being able to take Roker into restaurants, hotels etc without any issues at all. First night in Arromanches we asked if there was any room outside but it was full, as we went to leave they just said it wasnt a problem for him to be inside and pick a table! In most of the bars we stopped at for a drink he got a bowl of water before they took our order!!

Also for anyone considering taking their dog abroad we had no real issues with the passport etc and getting him in and out. On the way out they didnt check anything to do with him then on the way back we got him sorted with his worming tablet on the Thursday ahead of travelling on Sunday and then at the ferry they checked the passport for the relevant vaccinations etc, asked me to scan his chip and then we were on our way.
Great news ! After our absolute nightmare in S. Ireland (you have probably read) we will certainly be looking at France! I have always liked France & the French are great & so friendly, if you try with the language they take to you even more! Thank you ,, Roza & family

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 28 Jul 2014, 12:25

Thanks for posting about this. I am going to get my two girls their pet passports and over to France in the new year and although I am aware the process has got easier. It's nice to hear of your very positive experience.
I went over this June to look at houses without the dogs but was impressed with the french attitude to dogs overall so looking forward to taking them next time.
ImageImage
ImageImage