Links Hotel, Seahouses

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
jonb

Links Hotel, Seahouses

Post by jonb » 14 Mar 2016, 16:11

Spent last weekend in Seahouses at the Links Hotel taking Roker with us. Hotel was very good and great with Roker staying plus our friends took their Beagle as well. We got it via a GroupOn\LivingSocial deal to have 2 nights B&B with dinner on the first night as well, food was very good. We also went in the Bamburgh Castle Inn, which is in Seahouses strangely, where the food was good as well and they were happy to let the dogs in followed by Lunch on Sunday at the Greys Inn in Embleton who not only happily let the dogs in but have a stock of dog biscuits behind the bar for them!

Best bit about all of it, probably helped by the good weather we had, were the beaches. Saturday we walked from Seahouses to Bamburgh at low tide and it was huge with loads of sand for Roker and Beau the Beagle to run around on, rock pools for Roker to jump in and the sand dunes as well. A simple 4 mile wander up the beach ended up taking nearly 3hrs and i dread to think how many miles the dogs covered plus Roker had a swim. However that beach was somehow surpassed on Sunday when we went to the beach overlooked by Dunstanburgh Castle. Beach galore followed by a nice walk up the dunes to the stunningly impressive castle sat on the cliffs with great views back over the beaches both ways.

Only downside was i didnt get to go in the Old Ship Inn at Seahouses which is one of my favourite pubs because for some reason they didnt allow dogs in only in the beer garden but even though we had decent weather it was decent March weather not really beer garden weather!!