Meet Maisy

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Maisy12

Meet Maisy

Post by Maisy12 » 17 Jul 2012, 12:56

Hi, I'm new to this forum and want to introduce you to Maisy, our first doggy in the family.
She was born on 1st December 2011 therefore she is currently 7 & 1/2 months, we adopted her from a previous owner at 16 weeks. She is an Australian Labradoodle and Apricot Cream colour. Even though she digs the garden up and chews the carpet, she is such a joy to be around and we're all besotted with her. We've been really lucky as since we've got her she sleeps when i sleep so between 10pm-midnight and wakes up at 7/8am unless its a weekday then I wake her up at 6am when my alarm goes off for work. What times do other labradoodles sleep? and will they have lie ins as they get older? :D Also she's potty trained she always walks up to the door if she needs the loo and if we're in another room she will bark to get our attention. Very clever. She's not a yappy dog either, there are other dogs in the area who I can hear barking either at night or when their in the garden but Maisy will just listen or carry on playing she doesn't start barking back, a very calm puppy :)

I'm sure I will be using this forum lots as being a first time dog owner there's always things i'd like to know. Also labradoodles are so gorgeous and the fact they don't leave hair everywhere is a huge bonus! Everyone's so jealous that she can sleep on my bed, lay on the sofa, sit in the car and without making a mess! Not one spec of hair! Looking forward to talking labradoodles with everyone :)

This is Maisy (a recent photo) though she is being groomed today :)

Here are some more of her...

ImageImage
Last edited by Maisy12 on 17 Jul 2012, 13:26, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

elainendexter

Re: Meet Maisy

Post by elainendexter » 17 Jul 2012, 13:16

Welcome to the forum ,she looks a lovely girl ,my dog seems to sleep alot aswell ,you have just missed the doodlefest ,where the were loads of buetifull dogs ,all colours sizes and all different personalits,they are great dogs to own ,enjoy yours.
Image this is when grandaughter put dexter some platts in.

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 17 Jul 2012, 13:20

Welcome to you and maisy
She is a beautiful young lady and looks very contented in her photo
I have 2 F1's and they do shed - a lot - but I knew that before I got them so no surprises there.
It must have been fate that you got her at 16 weeks and she has settled very well by the sounds of it.
Mine seems to sleep in a bit more as they get older and show remarkable flexibility with sleeping around our work commitments etc.
Post lots of pics please - she's gorgeous
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 17 Jul 2012, 13:21

Welcome to you and maisy
She is a beautiful young lady and looks very contented in her photo
I have 2 F1's and they do shed - a lot - but I knew that before I got them so no surprises there.
It must have been fate that you got her at 16 weeks and she has settled very well by the sounds of it.
Mine seems to sleep in a bit more as they get older and show remarkable flexibility with sleeping around our work commitments etc.
Post lots of pics please - she's gorgeous
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 17 Jul 2012, 13:57

What a beautiful lady you have there! And she sounds like she's a perfect fit for you!

A lot of Doods on here seem to have a prescribed routine. Barney very much sticks with us - he will stay up till 2am if I'm up, he will wake up late or early. Because our household doesn't have a routine he doesn't expect one. Whether he'd be happier with one I'm not sure!

Bid

Post by Bid » 17 Jul 2012, 13:58

Welcome from us too - Maisy looks and sounds adorable.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 17 Jul 2012, 15:20

elainendexter wrote:Welcome to the forum ,she looks a lovely girl ,my dog seems to sleep alot aswell ,you have just missed the doodlefest ,where the were loads of buetifull dogs ,all colours sizes and all different personalits,they are great dogs to own ,enjoy yours.
What is a doodlefest? and where is it and what happens?? I want to go, sounds fun!
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 17 Jul 2012, 15:22

Aw thanks for all of your lovely comments, Maisy really is lovely and i'm sure all your doggies are too they look adorable! They're so friendly aren't they. I'm just waiting for her to come home from the groomers! She's been over 3 hours!
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

The Griswalls

Post by The Griswalls » 17 Jul 2012, 19:45

Well Maisy has a very photogenic face! She is an absolute cutie.
Amanda John Ruby & Ember xx

ImageImage
ImageImage

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 17 Jul 2012, 20:08

Oh, she's lovely, really reminds me of lola in some of those photos! Where did she come from originally?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 17 Jul 2012, 20:10

Hi & Welcome from us. :D
She's beautiful, cute as a button.
We have an F1 & she does shed, but thankfully not a lot.

Doodlefest is a labradoodle event held once a year, it's great fun, stalls, competitions& lots & lots of doodles :D , we went to our first one this year.
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 17 Jul 2012, 20:56

Liz! wrote:Oh, she's lovely, really reminds me of Lola in some of those photos! Where did she come from originally?
Hi aw thanks, yes is Lola the one in the photo? She does remind me of Maisy, very sweet! How old is Lola? lovely name by the way!
Maisy is a pure Asd Australian Labradoodle. She was bred at Raisdoodles in Hereford.
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

baskerville1967

Post by baskerville1967 » 17 Jul 2012, 21:21

Hello from us!

Maisy looks gorgeous. Teddy is from Rai's as well, she's a 50/50 but has an ASD coat so no shedding. Luckily she's brown because she's a complete mud magnet :lol:

Jo

Daise1970

Post by Daise1970 » 19 Jul 2012, 21:49

Welcome to the forum from us too.. :P
Maisy looks so pretty in the pic's..beautiful girlie eyes!
I too have a heavily shedding F1.. :evil:
Daise, Gracie & Maddie Moulting Moo Moo xx

nicky16

Post by nicky16 » 20 Jul 2012, 11:53

Welcome aboard , Maisy is lovely

Nicky Mummy to Lexie