Hello everyone

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
lesleydl

Hello everyone

Post by lesleydl » 22 Apr 2015, 12:11

Hello everyone. I am the lucky mum of Humphrey who is a very large chocolate Labradoodle who still thinks he's a puppy, even though he's 7 in June. Humph's hobbies are very long country walks, eating, playing, sleeping and generally being adored by his village public. He has the body of a Poodle, the tail of a Lab and a face straight from the Muppett workshop with amazing eyebrows that are several shades lighter than the rest of him. I can honestly say that the best thing we ever did was inviting this loveable, intelligent clown into our family.

People stop us to ask what on earth he is as he is so lovely. When they get excited about thinking about getting one, we always caution them about the amount of exercise (in Humph's case, a minimum of 5 miles) and stimulation that they need and that they are not hypoallergenic.

My interest in this site is to talk to other amazingly lucky Doodle parents.

Sarahdol75

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Sarahdol75 » 22 Apr 2015, 16:42

Hello and welcome

I have a very large black labradoodle, who seems to like the same things as yours :lol: :lol: :lol:

Photos are a must on this forum.

ImageImage

lesleydl

Post by lesleydl » 22 Apr 2015, 16:48

I would love to get his picture up but I couldn't work out how to do it.

Bren

Post by Bren » 22 Apr 2015, 18:53

Hi and a very big welcome to you both from us. To up load your pics I use photobucket. If you go into the forum there are simple instructions there of how to download your pics, It is free to open a photobucket account. Good luck

Bowie & Ziggy (Double Trouble)

Bid

Post by Bid » 22 Apr 2015, 21:35

Hello Humphrey's Mum and your lovely boy :D :D Looking forward to seeing some pics. I am Mum to Daisy (cream, aged 8 ), Poppy ( cafe/lavendar aged 7), and Beamish aka Little B (black aged 4 )
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

lesleydl

Post by lesleydl » 23 Apr 2015, 16:42

Oh they are all so stunning! I love the endless variety of these dogs. Thanks for the tip about photo bucket, Bren. I can't wait to get some posted.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 23 Apr 2015, 23:57

Hi lesleyld and Humphrey,
Welcome to the forum! I guess after seven years you're used to walks taking twice as long due to all the Doodle admirers you meet :D We're always being approached by people who are interested to know what our dogs are... The comment we get most often is, "Oh, they don't shed, do they?" We're doing our bit to re-educate the populace!
Looking forward to seeing photos of your choccy dood -
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

swardie

Post by swardie » 24 Apr 2015, 06:44

Hi and welcome, Lesley and Humphrey ( who sounds like a wonderful boy). Looking forward to seeing his photo. Our Dexter is also a large choccy Dood with a poodle frame and quite a curly coat. He'll be 2 in November . He's my best boy- love him to bits. X