The Boys have not been Well / Bowie Fits

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Bren

The Boys have not been Well / Bowie Fits

Post by Bren » 22 Apr 2015, 19:24

Hi all, were still in Spain but the boys have not been well.
First Ziggy had sickness and diahorea,So off to the vets we went had to have injections and tablets. Then three days later Bowie started minus the sickness, so the vet gave Bowie tablets, Then on Friday Bowie had a fit. It has been just over 12mths since his last one.
Thank god over the weekend they seem to be a lot better. But low and behold I have now come down with a terrible throat infection and a cold think it must be all the stress worrying over my boys.

Bid

Re: The Boys have not been Well / Bowie Fits

Post by Bid » 22 Apr 2015, 21:32

Poor you :-( Sorry the boys have been poorly. and how disappointing that Bowie had a fit :-( Hope you feel better soon!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 22 Apr 2015, 21:34

Hope you and your boys feel better soon.
ImageImage

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 22 Apr 2015, 23:33

Take it easy!
Hope all three of you feel better soon.
May want to try good ole fashion salt water gargle seems to still work for the throat.

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 23 Apr 2015, 08:30

second what everyone says
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 23 Apr 2015, 11:31

Us too
Any idea why the fitting has returned?
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 23 Apr 2015, 15:39

So sorry to hear boys and now you are having a bad time when it should be fun fun fun. Hope your infection is ok soon and that Bowie does not fit again, it seems many doods have this problem, if you have time to explain "what do you do in that situation to help the dog?"
Take care Kathie and Holly
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 23 Apr 2015, 17:55

Poor Bowie! But perhaps you can take heart that it has been over twelve months, Bren - my fingers are crossed that this was a 'blip' (could anything in the meds have brought it on?) Sounds as if you've all had a bit of a time of it... and yes, the stress can lower your immune system. Take care of yourself, and I hope you're all feeling much better very soon...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Bren

Post by Bren » 23 Apr 2015, 18:41

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. When we took Bowie to the vet we explained about him having fits, We explained that his last one was over 12mths ago.I don't think that the medication was anything to do with it. I still think that the fits could well be something to do with the mother. He was sitting in the back of the truck when hubby looked at him he began to dribble then his eyes went and down he went. We just did the usual covered him with a towel stroked him and reasured him, after about 10 minutes he came back to us. We took him to the vets again but the vet here said the same as my own vet, His blood pressure was normal he checked him but could'nt find anything wrong with him. So it still remains a misterey.

swardie

Post by swardie » 23 Apr 2015, 18:48

Sorry to catch up a bit late. Hope you and the boys get well v soon. X

Bren

Post by Bren » 23 Apr 2015, 19:16

scooby Dood wrote:Us too
Any idea why the fitting has returned?
Sorry can't throw any light on this at all. I would'nt say it has returned, I don't think it ever went away. Bowie did not start to fit untill he was 3yrs old and then he did not have regular fits. The last one was over 12mths ago. Nothing we put it down to has been revelent weather ect
I was told that it could possibly be L I D Labradoor Intolerance desease, this is passed on by the mother.

Bren

Post by Bren » 23 Apr 2015, 19:40

kathiedoodle wrote:So sorry to hear boys and now you are having a bad time when it should be fun fun fun. Hope your infection is ok soon and that Bowie does not fit again, it seems many doods have this problem, if you have time to explain "what do you do in that situation to help the dog?"
Take care Kathie and Holly
When the dog starts to fit dont pull him to lye down but help him to lie down comfortable and safely, Cover him especially his eyes so he is in the dark. stroke him talk to him reasure him. If possible video him having the fit so as when you get him to the vets you can show him what is happening. Hopefully he will come out of the fit safely.I do hope this is of some help.
Bee