Excited new baby on route

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
Blayedrunner

Excited new baby on route

Post by Blayedrunner » 04 Aug 2015, 21:39

Ok, well my children are growing up, we decided now they are nearly teenagers and we have a big enough house to get a dog.
We all decided on a labradoodle as we like the look and the less moulting appeased the wife re cushions etc lol. He is 6 weeks a 4 days old and we pick him up in 2 1/2 weeks. What a looker he is too. The whole household is counting down the days! iPhone lock screens in the house are all Dexter now.
So anyway, joined what looks like an active community and just wanted to say hello :D

WendyJ

Re: Excited new baby on route

Post by WendyJ » 04 Aug 2015, 23:05

Hello to you all and little Dexter! My Tilly is 6 now but I can remember the excitement building up before we collected her back in April 2009 like it was yesterday :lol:

Couldn't imagine life without her now...you'll have so much fun!

As everyone else will say soon - enjoy every minute of puppyhood, ask all the questions you want and post lots of photos please!

Wendy and Tilly
Wendy, Tilly and Rupert

Bid

Post by Bid » 04 Aug 2015, 23:25

Welcome to the crazy world of labradoodles! But you need to tell us more! Has he got a name yet? What colour? Are his parents doodles or poodles? Most of all - we need photos! :D :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Aug 2015, 01:23

Hi Blayedrunner,
Welcome to the forum! I hope your other half isn't depending on the 'non-shedding' :wink: doods are notoriously different, with some shedding for England.... Plus, I haven't been able to have a cushion on the sofa for two and a half years - since our first doodle landed! :lol:
Not long to go now before little Dexter arrives... and you become one of your local pet shop's best customers.
What sort of dood is he? Scruffy, fleecy, smoothie? Oh, and what colour? No, it's no good - we need photos!! :D (Lots of us use Photobucket to post them...)
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Sorry it's so late - milk and cookies keeping me awake... :wink:

Blayedrunner

Post by Blayedrunner » 05 Aug 2015, 08:26

Hello.....

How do i link to photobucket???? Have created an account and uploaded some photos. Just dont know how to link on this.

Dexter is a blondie, shaggy ish hair. Mum a working lab, Dad is a mini Poodle.

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 05 Aug 2015, 12:39

Welcome little Dexter from another Dexter, we got Dexter ,when my yokie died three weeks early ,and I had never heard of one before ,but new I didn't want another mad terrier .I had seen a few pictures on line. Anyway set of to get little Dexter ,but at 8 weeks he was as big boy ,the were three left two girls and a boy and Dexter was the first to come in the room and never having girl dogs before went for a boy. He as a wavy curly coat does moult but more like fluff .I must say from day one he as been the best behaved dog iv ever had so laid back. He kept growing and as grown into a lovely gentle big boy with heavy build .Good luck with your new pup.
ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 05 Aug 2015, 15:31

Welcome Dexter and family :) your humans have made a wise choice .
To upload to here , choose your pic on photobucket then to the right of the pic you will see share choices click on the img code to copy then come to the message box here to paste....hope this helps and we are all waiting to see the pics....don't forget to puppy proof your home !!!!!

Blayedrunner

Post by Blayedrunner » 05 Aug 2015, 18:02

Lets see if this works......

Bren

Post by Bren » 05 Aug 2015, 18:43

Welcome to the wonderful world of Labradoodles. Dexter is a lovely boy. I am sure you will have loads of fun with him. Sorry I cannot put a pic of my two doods at the moment my photobucket is playing up.
If he does shed more hair than you thought he would I'm sure he'll make up for it in charm, :lol: :lol:

Bee Bowie & Ziggy

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Aug 2015, 19:08

Ahh, little cutie!!! Hi Dexter, hopefully this time next year, you'll be able to bring your hooms to Doodlefest... :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Blayedrunner

Post by Blayedrunner » 05 Aug 2015, 19:11

Doodlefest? that for real?

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Aug 2015, 19:15

Yep! It's on this weekend in Staffordshire... Some peeps camp over the weekend and others visit on the Saturday. Are you close enough to pop in and take a look? It'll give you some idea of the mayhem (ahem, merry times) you're letting yourselves in for....! :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 05 Aug 2015, 21:02

Hello Dexter's family

I can see why you've fallen in love.

I hope the days pass quickly until your new family member comes home.

Enjoy

X

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 05 Aug 2015, 22:53

wow what a cutie - perhaps stock up with citronella (in case he is a chewer) remember anything in puppy reach they believe are theirs until they learn they are not, never ever lose your sense of humour because when you are annoyed and irritated with anything pup is doing wrong they look at at you with those eyes and you need to laugh (need being the operative word).

That being said - Lulu was a bit of a nightmare - not a lot (loving toilet brushes) but I enjoyed all of her puppy hood and would never of changed anything.

It is the most enjoyable thing to have a puppy when you are ready and it certainly sounds like you are - enjoy your beautiful pup and regale us with your stories and photographs
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 06 Aug 2015, 00:04

Oh he's beautiful! He has a similar coat to my cream doodle - he's going to be a gorgeous doodle! :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron