including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 22:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: mouthy puppy lol
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 21:59 

Hiya my name is Emma we brought our labradoodle teddy almost 3weeks ago now, She is beautiful but she is very mouthy for instance you tell her no she barks at you and starts jumping, she also randomly barks at my partner and trys to bite him not viciously but not playful either if this makes sense she does enjoy a good bark. Its mostly when she is being told off not that she listens wondering if this is normal? Everything else is fine with her we have two boys and she is good with them she does like pulling on there trousers lol Thanks in advance I know i'm may be worrying to much as she is still only a baby just wanted to get other people advice?

Post subject: Re: mouthy puppy lol
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 16:43 

Welcome Emma & Teddy :D
We can all smile at this sort of behaviour but it's something that needs to be nipped in the bud (forgive the pun) :wink:
Try giving her a firm no and some time out when she misbehaves....she needs to learn that her behaviour is unacceptable.
It's very hard not to laugh when they are so small but she will grow like a bean sprout over the next few weeks ...then it's not so funny .
Try to set the boundaries for her whilst she is biddable....by 14weeks she will start to be less reliant on you and listen to you less so start now.

Post subject: Re: mouthy puppy lol
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 20:37 

Heey, Thanks for replying will follow your advice and hopefully she will stop being a little so and so lol! =)