eating problems

Use this section to discuss pros and cons of variuous feeding regimes and other matters relating to nutrition
juney1

eating problems

Post by juney1 » 28 Dec 2019, 18:02

hi all ,cooper is 13 months old now and a nightmare to get him to eat ,tried tinned meat ,dry ,,every brand ,just when i think ive found something he likes he stops eating it , litterally seems to run away when i put it down ,currently on raw,but he will only eat out of his kong ,which he throws at me when it needs filling again ,and really seems to like it then ,so can it be his bowl he does not like or does he just hsve me on abit of string ,can you get a kong bowl ,

kobi&jazz

Re: eating problems

Post by kobi&jazz » 30 Dec 2019, 17:15

Hi Juney,
Have you tried using a snuffle mat to hide his food in? Even scatter feeding across the floor or outdoors and make him search for his food.
There are licky-mats too which can be purchased cheaply on Amazon.
Good luck.

juney1

Re: eating problems

Post by juney1 » 03 Jan 2020, 15:26

hi yea ,well weve discovered his not too keen on eating alone ,put his bowl in living room with us ,and he ate itall in one go ,thought i cracked it ,then next night didnt waana know ,little bugger .i have a lick bowl which his abit more interested after a while ,the raw is not so easy to scatter as we dont want to be spreading raw meat every where ,thanks for your reply