Lily's Kitchen

Use this section to discuss pros and cons of variuous feeding regimes and other matters relating to nutrition
elmo75

Lily's Kitchen

Post by elmo75 » 13 Mar 2014, 00:22

Hi All,
Does anyone currently feed their doodle this food? Bronte seems to have gone off her Applaws kibble so I'm thinking of trying this. The meat is named but the overall protein content is only 32% but the rest of the ingredients are all natural, organic vegetation and seeds.
Any experiences / opinions would be very much appreciated,
Thanks,
Ellie xxx
ImageImage

Bid

Re: Lily's Kitchen

Post by Bid » 13 Mar 2014, 00:45

Personally I would go for one with more meat - the one I looked at had 32% lamb as the first ingredient, but the next 2 were potato and sweet potato, and they must be around 30% each, which imo means the main ingredient is potato - too many carbs to be a really good food.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Crumpet's Mum

Post by Crumpet's Mum » 13 Mar 2014, 11:41

Crumpet is on this and loves it. He was originally on Orijen but it was too rich for him - runny poos and gave him bad breath etc. now he eats only Lily's Kitchen and his poos are perfect, he doesn't smell and he loves mealtimes. He is only 4 months though so haven't tried any of the adult foods. He also loves all the treats like the dried fish skins :D

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 13 Mar 2014, 12:02

We haven't tried Lily's Kitchen but we use Natures Menu - this has a high meat content and the hounds love it. Another product with high meat content is Forthglade. I used this when I couldn't get hold of Natures menu and the hounds wolfed it down !! I also think both these products work out slightly cheaper than Lily's menu and we have never had any ill effects from either product. :)

Sasha & Pluto

Post by Sasha & Pluto » 13 Mar 2014, 19:42

Hiya, we swapped Pluto over from JWB to Lilly's kitchen and he is doing great on it. Nice solid stools now and he only does 2/3 a day where as before it was like 4/5. I feed him the puppy dried food and a couple of tins at the weekend.
Sasha & Pluto

ImageImage[/url]

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 14 Mar 2014, 00:25

Lola couldn't take Orijen till she was about 6 months old, she was also on applaws - now she has a little Orijen, plus Nature's Menu. Plus raw in the evenings.

I also didn't like Lily's kitchen as it does have some things in I didn't like.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 14 Mar 2014, 09:37

I don't know much about this food, except that there is a gorgeous young doodle on a FB site who very nearly died a few months ago, and the only food she is now allowed is Lily's Kitchen. Honestly, if you could see how very ill she was, I am personally amazed she is pulling through. Vets all rather baffled, despite extensive investigations and bloods sent off to USA. I am certainly not saying it is a wonder food... Just that it is working for her, thank God.

I do hope you find the right food for your dog... It is a bit of a minefield!

merlinthelabradoodle

Post by merlinthelabradoodle » 04 Jun 2014, 22:57

We use Lily's Kitchen training treats (the cheese & apple) and the bedtime biscuits and Merlin loves them! But as another user (Bid? I'm very new to this lol, sorry!) mentioned, the actual food itself does seem very carby.
Merlin is a 5 month old F1 Labradoodle
Follow him on Instagram @ merlinthelabradoodle