Pigs Trotters....

Use this section to discuss pros and cons of variuous feeding regimes and other matters relating to nutrition
Ianto!

Pigs Trotters....

Post by Ianto! » 09 Sep 2014, 14:18

Well, I've given Ianto his first trotter today - the furry nose at the side of the photo is his....
After a little confusion, he's had a good ol' chew and is now out in the garden trying to dig a hole in the concrete to hide it! :lol:

Anne & Ianto x
(Nobody told me that they look horribly 'human'... poor little piggy :cry: )

Rachelhodgkins

Re: Pigs Trotters....

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 09 Sep 2014, 16:27

where did you get I spent the morning trawling around the pets shops/butchers looking for anything similar. one butcher told me I would have to go to Birmingham market :shock: over an hours drive. another told me they only get turkey/duck necks in at Christmas :shock: do u think he knew what I was on about cnt imagine ppl sitting down at Christmas to a lovely turkey neck lol

michelle81

Post by michelle81 » 09 Sep 2014, 19:23

You can get them from various places, including Waitrose. If you are struggling to find them locally, you can buy them on-line.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 09 Sep 2014, 22:42

I got my lovely piggies pinkies from Morrisons... (I think they've been on MasterChef and are in vogue for hooms at the moment! :roll: )
Ianto took it out to his Montbretia 'nest' in the garden and all the OH could find later was the horrible-looking 'palm' bit... it's in the fridge now :shock:
I'm a little worried as I didn't think he'd be able to scoff the bone bit - at least, not so quickly - thought I'd be able to take it away once the meaty bit had been nibbled away... Think I may have to carry extra pooh bags on our walks tomorrow :roll:
Anne & Ianto x
(He has a big, greasy smile on his face... :? )

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 10 Sep 2014, 22:21

Update on the trotter/pooh front.... No problem! I was worried as previously, when he's had bone, it's upset his digestion but the trotter, bone 'n' all has gone down very well. The only problem is, when I gave him his beef chunks for lunch today, he looked really disappointed - and they disappeared in no time! (Once he'd given me a look that said, "Is that it???")
Onwards and upwards on the raw feeding front!! :D
Anne & Ianto x

Rachelhodgkins

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 11 Sep 2014, 10:02

yes we have started giving lottie a raw food dinner in the day and still having her kibble of an evening meal. she woffs her raw food down in no time then look at me as if to say "more please" whereas it takes a got 15-20 mins for her to eat her kibble. me thinks I know which is her fav

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 11 Sep 2014, 16:44

Rachelhodgkins wrote:me thinks I know which is her fav
:lol:
Anne & Ianto x