including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 23:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: F3 Miniature Australian multi-gen Chocolate avail for stud
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 08:42 

Pippin wrote:
I have two UK Doodles and one Aussie, I love all my dogs but tge difference between the UKs and Aussie are marked in all aspects, temperament, looks, even the way they move. It's obvious to most people who know my dogs that my Aussie Dood is different to the other two.

That would probably be true of anyone with more than one dog though :D . It is certainly the case with my 2 UK doods, and my sisters 2 BCs.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 08:47 

Pippin wrote:
I have two UK Doodles and one Aussie, I love all my dogs but tge difference between the UKs and Aussie are marked in all aspects, temperament, looks, even the way they move. It's obvious to most people who know my dogs that my Aussie Dood is different to the other two.

They are different though aren't they Pippin

There is of course room for both and both are lovely.

My only issue is people selling Labradoodle Origin's as Australian Labradoodle's!!

And as Lou said PERFECTLY "I would like to say that throughout my research I did see numerous adverts selling 'Australian labradoodles' (they clearly were not) which to a 'lay' person would be very confusing and misleading, especially if the cost is replicable to the cost of a true 'Australian labradoodle'."

This is MY ONLY ISSUE!!!

http://miniaturelabradoodles.mfbiz.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisa_h/show/

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 10:59 

PennyAli wrote:
Pippin wrote:

They are different though aren't they Pippin

There is of course room for both and both are lovely.

My only issue is people selling Labradoodle Origin's as Australian Labradoodle's!!

And as Lou said PERFECTLY "I would like to say that throughout my research I did see numerous adverts selling 'Australian labradoodles' (they clearly were not) which to a 'lay' person would be very confusing and misleading, especially if the cost is replicable to the cost of a true 'Australian labradoodle'."

This is MY ONLY ISSUE!!!

It's difficult to actually describe but yes they are different.

Things are complicated enough for people looking for well bred, health tested Labradoodle pups without muddying the waters any further with Labradoodle Origin dogs being brought from Australia and marketed as Australian Labradoodles. Definitely a case of 'buyer beware'.

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 11:29 

Lola has a different style of running, walking... it's described on Australian pages quite a lot - although I see the enthusiasm and joie de vivre and energy etc of all labradoodles, I have only seen this particular gait on Australain labradoodles and Lola.

It's sort of a prance, but her back is quite straight as she moves along - it's effortless and quite beautiful to watch.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2011, 20:06 

I'll start by saying that all doodles are great and one type is not better or worse than any other.

It does seem to me that when a place name or country denotes something other than simply the place then it must be used carefully. If I bought a piece of red Leicester cheese in Cheddar and then offered someone a sandwich and advertised it as a Cheddar cheese sandwich people would undoubtedly be expecting something different.

Anyone who is breeding labradoodles should know that the term Australian Labradoodle is likely to confuse people as the country that the labradoodle was born in has no relevance to an advert about a dog for stud or puppies for sale.

Liz I'm fascinated by your thoughts about Lola's gait. Jacob prances but just thought it was because he is still a lively pup so not sure exactly what you mean maybe he only does it half the time as he is 50/50 :D . I will try to check it out at the Labradoodle show when I'm sure there will be loads of doods to check out for my 'gait' research :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 00:16 

Thanks for all your comments, I understand that everyone has their own opinion.

But this is just an opinion, as of yet labradoodles are not a recognised breed with the kennel club.

Just for the record, all my dogs have been purchased via reputable breeders and we are not associated with any puppy farms.

Happy doodling x

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 00:28 

Liz! wrote:
Lola has a different style of running, walking... it's described on Australian pages quite a lot - although I see the enthusiasm and joie de vivre and energy etc of all labradoodles, I have only seen this particular gait on Australain labradoodles and Lola.

It's sort of a prance, but her back is quite straight as she moves along - it's effortless and quite beautiful to watch.

That souds like what I call the poodle prance :lol: . Poppy does it too, but Daisy has more of a lope.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 23:24 

annette wrote:
GUNNER wrote:
Instead of arguing about who has what why don’t the UK Aussie breeders just DNA test their breeding stock to see what exactly is in the mix, I would have thought that the most sensible thing to do after past events at RM, TP etc Image

Exactly....

PennyAli wrote:
How do you know we haven't done it already?????

It would be good if you have Lisa, surely it could also help weed out those who just put the name Australian to a Doodle and sell at inflated prices.
I also would have thought it paramount for any association governing the Aussie Doodles, whether in Europe or beyond, to insist all members DNA test ( and to make known the results ) their pure Aussie’s, otherwise how can you carry on and take a breed forward from the mistakes made in the past if you don’t truly have an open and honest base to start from :?

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 07:43 

I know a lot of the Organisations are down grading their dogs, for instance if a Australian Labradoodle is bred back to a Labradoodle Origin, or any other parent breed for more than one consecutive generation then it is no longer considered an Australian Labradoodle, I think this is really good because if a Australian Labradoodle is bred back to a Labradoodle Origin for more than one generation the offspring will be unpredictable and lose the traits of an Australian Labradoodle, likewise if a Australian Labradoodle was bred back to a Poodle for two consecutive generations it would no longer be considered an Australian Labradoodle as the percentage of Poodle would be to high, regardless of infusion used the dogs are downgraded to a ALF1 (for good all litter non moulting pups but if just one pup sheds hair the whole litter are downgraded to ALF0) but if a ALF dog is put to a LO (Labradoodle Origin same as F1 F2 etc) for more than one generation the offspring are no longer ALF but LO Labradoodle Origin.

But in my opinion I don't like even one LO infusion as if you remember Netty my 50/50 litter last year 9 pups 3 were nice 6 were not what I was aiming to produce, mum was a F1b or LO2pp (depending on what grading used) Dad was a ALF but as some pups were not what they were supposed to be they were all ALF0 if I had kept one of this litter and put back to another Labradoodle Origin they would have no longer been considered Australian Labradoodles and would have been LO or F1 F2 etc which is how it should happen, although I didn't keep one as I didn't want my lines to become unpredictable!

http://miniaturelabradoodles.mfbiz.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisa_h/show/

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 12:59 

"Downgrading" sounds interesting as it still allows dogs of two different "breeds" to be put together without admitting that the result cannot be either of those breeds. Poodle crossed australian labradoodle is just an almost poodle, nothing else.
Why do people think they ought to pay the ridiculous prices for so- called australian labradoodles from aussie puppy farm stock tainted with epilepsy addison's and expensive hip problems just because the breeders got conned by Rutland Manor and Tegan Park and could go out of business. It might be very charitable of the buyers to support the breeders but it doesn't make sense.
The latest on poor Indy is another eye opener. http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/2 ... dys-story/
I wouldn't pay tuppence for these dogs, they don't even look like each other so how can they be a breed?

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 13:30 

xxLouxx wrote:

Personally after weeks of researching for the correct breed of pup and considering my own families situation, I deliberately tried to source a reputable breeder of the Australian labradoodles. Please don't shoot me down in flames as I LOVE all doodles, UK or Australian!! However, ridiculously expensive as they are, the unique characteristics of the Australian labradoodle breed were important to our family.

I would also like to re-iterate that I love ALL doodles and only chose the Australian breed for the aspects of the breed that I felt were important to our family.

Hi Lou, I read your post with interest but I am still curious and a little confused. Please pardon my ignorance but can you tell me what you mean by the unique characteristics of the Aussie Labradooddle? I understand the genetic differences, as you described via your breeder's information but this would only make a physical difference and you specifically mentioned important characteristics, which I presume to mean character differences? Sorry to be a pain but I would like to know what made you feel this type of doodle was better for your family. I presume you feel it has something which the F1, F1b, F2 etc maybe doesn't. Please don't think I'm being critical - I'm not at all!!! I know you have said you love all dogs, I just need enlightening :D Thanks. Jean x

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 14:05 

The difference for me was that you can almost guarantee they won't shed. Which Lola does not, haven't found one hair yet I haven't brushed out myself. She also doesn't smell, something very important to me as I have a very sensitive nose! They are also meant to be calmer and take less time to train. As Lola is to be a service dog that was important.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 19:58 

[quote="JeanG] Please pardon my ignorance but can you tell me what you mean by the unique characteristics of the Aussie Labradooddle? I understand the genetic differences, as you described via your breeder's information but this would only make a physical difference and you specifically mentioned important characteristics, which I presume to mean character differences? Thanks. Jean x[/quote]

Hi Jean

Just to butt in a little! I have an F1 and an Aussie Dood, and physically they are very different. The F1 is much bigger, stronger, much more athletic, heavier and has more of a gundog working drive. He has a steadier (labrador) but highly strung (poodle) personality. He is food motivated, and as a scruffy does shed lightly.
It took me 3yrs of weekly dog training classes to get him to the level that my Aussie reached in 6months.

The Aussie is a lighter frame and non-shedding (which was key to me having a 2nd dog), he prances/trots around, he cannot gallop like the other. His gait is completely different. Working wise, he is far far far more intelligent and inituative than the F1. He seemed from a pup that he was put on this earth to please. He is much clever and seems to have a natural problem solving/logical way about thinking. He is praise motivated.

If you asked my F1 to 'sit' he would until I released him. If I asked my Aussie to 'sit' he would, but you would see he would be working out why!!!

If I had a third I would not hesitate in going for another Aussie.

I hope that makes sense!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 21:06 

Ben wrote:
The Aussie is a lighter frame and non-shedding (which was key to me having a 2nd dog), he prances/trots around, he cannot gallop like the other. His gait is completely different. Working wise, he is far far far more intelligent and inituative than the F1. He seemed from a pup that he was put on this earth to please. He is much clever and seems to have a natural problem solving/logical way about thinking. He is praise motivated.

If you asked my F1 to 'sit' he would until I released him. If I asked my Aussie to 'sit' he would, but you would see he would be working out why!!!

Now you've just described my F1b UK doodle to a T!!!! (except she is a girl! :roll: )

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 21:25 

Likewise my lovely UK F1 Flo!! :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next