Spayed booked...help!!

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
willow&kobi

Re: Spayed booked...help!!

Post by willow&kobi » 04 Apr 2014, 20:18

aww give Tilly a big doggy hug from me, Willow and kobi :D

Sharon-Tilly

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 05 Apr 2014, 11:52

This morning Tilly is back to her usual self, wanting to jump up, run around and play. It is going to be a challenge to stop her as my 6 year old daughter wants to fuss her and give her lots of TLC.

She is distressed with her cone on, I think she stood up all night. This morning I took the cone off and she slept on my knee for a couple of hours.

She is now wearing one of my daughters t shirts much to her amusement :D
Last edited by Sharon-Tilly on 05 Apr 2014, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Sharon-Tilly

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 05 Apr 2014, 11:54

Sharon-Tilly wrote:This morning Tilly is back to her usual self, wanting to jump up, run around and play. It is going to be a challenge to stop her as my 6 year old daughter wants to fuss her and give her lots of TLC.

She is distressed with her cone on, I think she stood up all night. This morning I took the cone off and she slept on my knee for a couple of hours.
[img][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/craft_bits_n_bobs/imagejpg1.jpg[/img][/img]
ImageImage

Sharon-Tilly

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 05 Apr 2014, 11:56

ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 05 Apr 2014, 13:23

Love the t shirt - like a pretty summer dress for her :D

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Apr 2014, 19:22

So cute, Tilly! Feel better soon little girl... :D
Everyone has to look at all the available facts and then make their own decision about what is right for their dog and them. It does no good to worry about potential problems afterwards, you just need to bear in mind that you did the best you could at the time for your dog. No-one knows the future... anything may happen. We have to learn to live like doodles... happy in the present.
Love and hugs to all the doodle-girlies who've recently had their ops... Summer is a-comin' and no restricted walks!! Yay! :D
Anne & Ianto x

Benben

Post by Benben » 05 Apr 2014, 19:41

Ursa had her op on Monday. She was bouncing around by Tuesday lunchtime (to my considerable dismay, it has to be said) and doodle dashing around the garden that evening. She didn't show any interest in the wound so I could leave the buster collar off safely and by Wednesday she was clearly a bit stir crazy, so we went off for a nice gentle walk in town - exposure to traffic and people is good for her! She was tired by that but in no pain that I could see.

I took her to the vet on Friday and they were delighted with her. The wound is practically invisible, and the nurse could prod around it without any reaction whatsoever.

She spent this afternoon with her gentle friend Hebe at their orchard and came back happy as anything, covered in burrs from a country walk, having had a lovely time. You really wouldn't know that anything had happened: the advantage of youth, I suppose.

I confess I was dreading it, but she's bounced back so fast and with so little fuss. I'm so pleased and so relieved.

Lots of gentle hugs to all the girlies: I really hope they do as well as Ursa.
Ursa: born 28.10.13

ImageImage

Sharon-Tilly

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 05 Apr 2014, 20:19

Benben, Ursa sounds like she took it in her stride. Tilly is doing pretty well too, now trying to jump on and off the sofa :o

Can I just say, my decision to put Tilly through the op was based partly on previous experience of having a King Charles spaniel as a teen, who my mum couldn't face putting through the op. She died aged 8 in terrible pain from having ovarian cancer, which spread to her lived and kidneys. It wasn't something I wanted to witness again.

I know every dog is different, and I may change my mind another time, but we just have to do what we think is best :D xxx
ImageImage