Stout went out without his bandana on today

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
stout

Stout went out without his bandana on today

Post by stout » 12 Apr 2014, 13:55

Stout was not wearing his 'not treats please' bandana today, Chris had taken it off in the park after a full on doodle wrestle with his buddy Milo, and it has been in Chris' pocket. We forgot to put it back on today :roll: . We were shopping in Wokingham, We had been taking it in turns to sit outside/go into a shop. I came out of a shop to see Chris giving someone directions and another lady stroking Stout, she then reached into her pocket and gave him a treat, which was gobbled before we could say anything, she then went before we could say anything, so we have no idea what it was. We are now on Stoutwatch just incase it 'sets him off'. So annoying, why didnt she ask!? :evil: Sods law it was the one day he didn't have his bandana on.
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Bid

Re: Stout went out without his bandana on today

Post by Bid » 12 Apr 2014, 15:08

Fingers crossed! Isn't it annoying when people just feed your dog without asking :evil: I always have a treat on me that Daisy can have so when people ask I explain and say "You can give her one of these though".
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 12 Apr 2014, 15:47

Ain't it always the way? Take your eye off the ball for a moment.... :roll:

I never feed anyone else's dog (or child) without asking first. But, yesterday we passed the local chippie - the owner was just stepping out, made a fuss of Ianto and before I could protest, gave him a huge 'jumbo' sausage!!!! Of course, Ianto couldn't be expected to pass up that opportunity... nom, nom, nom!

So much for his raw dinner, I had to give him (vastly reduced amounts of) kibble instead. And clear up the consequences later :evil: He doesn't have allergies, but I'm thinking of getting a 'Don't feed me' bandana anyway...

Hopefully Stout will be none the worse for her thoughtlessness...
Anne & Ianto x

swardie

Post by swardie » 12 Apr 2014, 18:33

Well, Stout and Ianto were lucky Doods today!! :) Although joking aside, I'm amazed that people would give a dog a treat without checking with the owners!! ( and I know that lots do)

PS- Our Dex would like to know the address of that chip shop!! :lol:

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 12 Apr 2014, 19:03

This drives me crazy! :twisted: soooo many people do it and they feed rig when he up, so now he's jumping up on people for treats aarrrgghhhh!

A chap slipped rig a biscuit before I could even open my mouth one day so I gave his dog a small piece of chicken. He shouted at me, no! I looked at him and said tit for tat! He couldn't say a lot to that! :lol: :evil:

Sssooooooo annoying! Folk think you're so mean if you say don't feed them, and with that one exception I don't feed others dogs.
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 12 Apr 2014, 20:17

Good one, Helen! Hopefully he'll think twice in future.... :D
Anne & Ianto x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 12 Apr 2014, 20:31

well I must say I do treat other dogs but I always ask first!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 12 Apr 2014, 20:46

Lanto must have thought it was his lucky day :lol:

We do treat dogs but only ones we know, and even then we check first, we are uber careful coz of stouts allergies.

On the plus side we had lots of little ones today asking before they came over to say hello to stout :D he even managed to keep his feet on the ground :P
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 12 Apr 2014, 21:07

Stout, you had me worried then when I saw your reply. I thought you were going to say that Stout was ill again after eating the treat. Glad he's ok!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 12 Apr 2014, 21:11

iwantadog wrote:Stout, you had me worried then when I saw your reply. I thought you were going to say that Stout was ill again after eating the treat. Glad he's ok!
Thanks, he seems fine thankfully, 'outputs' seem fine too :oops:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 12 Apr 2014, 21:20

I always back up parents/carers when they tell their charges they should ask before touching a dog. I explain that, although Ianto is very friendly, other dogs might not be... (though Derbyshire seems to be brimful of dog-savvy youngsters who know exactly how to deal with an over-exuberant doodle! :lol: ) Smallsters are just attracted to the furry coat and I feel I have to protect them from themselves... can't have them thinking all cuddly, teddy-bear lookalikes are instantly huggable... :(
Stay well, Stout, what a shame we can't teach our doods about 'stranger danger'...
Anne & Ianto x

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 12 Apr 2014, 22:31

I was going to email you to see how Stout's been doing.
I hope he's okay after his yummy treat. Luckily Florrie isn't exactly friendly to strangers and once we explain she's nervous, they don't want to come near enough to feed her! She's harmless but does make a lot of noise which puts people off! :lol:

Tasha

Florrie Lorrie

Ally doodle

Post by Ally doodle » 13 Apr 2014, 15:57

I must say giving another dog a treat is never a thing I think of doing! But we have an older lady you always gives ally a treat threw our back fence if I don't act quickly :D

stout

Post by stout » 13 Apr 2014, 19:52

It flipping well happened again at the newbury show today, what is wrong with these people :evil:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics: