worried about my puppy

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
shivlin

worried about my puppy

Post by shivlin » 14 Apr 2014, 20:12

My 13 week old puppy was ever so slightly sick this morning and just did a wee and there are white spots in it. Im very worried and will phone vets first thing in the morning.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I have been gradually changing his food over for the past week from Royal Canin to Orijen and wondered if this could have possibly played a part in this? His stools have been solid followed by a runny one for 4 days but again I had put this down to the food changeover? :(
Image Image

Bid

Re: worried about my puppy

Post by Bid » 14 Apr 2014, 20:21

He may have a urinary tract infection - is he drinking OK? If you can it would be worth trying to collect a wee sample to take to the vets - a long-handled container that you can shove under him is a good way to do it.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

shivlin

Post by shivlin » 14 Apr 2014, 20:52

Bid wrote:He may have a urinary tract infection - is he drinking OK? If you can it would be worth trying to collect a wee sample to take to the vets - a long-handled container that you can shove under him is a good way to do it.
Thank you! I'm going to attempt that tonight as it will speed up the process if I can take a sample with me tomorrow. So worried. :(
Image Image

Bid

Post by Bid » 14 Apr 2014, 20:54

Try not to worry - if it's a UTI then some anti-biotics will sort it out in no time. Just make sure he is drinking plenty in the mean time. :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 14 Apr 2014, 22:02

Nothing more to add to Bid's good advice, but I hope little Marley is feeling better soon, Shivlin -
Anne & Ianto x

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 14 Apr 2014, 23:08

Please let us know how you get on at the vet's. It's so worrying when they're ill, especially the babies.

Warm licks and hugs

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 15 Apr 2014, 06:16

I hope things settle down quickly.

Florrie is prone to urine infections, the sample if you do manage to collect one, needs to be no more than 1 hour old otherwise the bacteria overgrows and the vet won't get an accurate sample.

Hope you get on ok at the vets.

Tasha

Florrie Lorrie

Bid

Post by Bid » 15 Apr 2014, 16:58

Did you go to the vets? How did you get on? Hope all is well.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk