Is it really so bad, please be honest..

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Oscar2011

Is it really so bad, please be honest..

Post by Oscar2011 » 28 May 2014, 21:13

Ever since we dispensed with Oscar's crate at 18 months, due to him outgrowing it :roll: , He has slept the night away soundly and peacefully on the sofa. We have tried quite a few different dog beds since, but they just get humped and chewed up in no time :roll: . Some people that we have told, seem shocked that he sleeps on the sofa :shock: , but is it really that bad :?: . Oscar has always respected his surroundings(other than his bed :roll: ), and has the free run of downstairs when we are out.

Any thoughts..

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

poppygreen

Re: Is it really so bad, please be honest..

Post by poppygreen » 28 May 2014, 21:34

Well! we is SHOCKED that any-one should fink we should sleep anywhere ELSE! we has lovely snuggly blankets on our sofas, and if any smelly HOOMANS want to sit down, they has to tuck them back a bit so as not to steal our lovely fluffy fur what we has carefully spread to make it even more snugglyerer. How else can a proper Doodle get proper propped upside down for a good nights kip. Sometimes we snuggles together, but get bit hot, so my bruvver has to go on his own sofa. Good night sleep tight, ON YOUR SOFAS DUDES! Love from Poppy and Oscar Green. xx

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 May 2014, 21:52

It's a total disgrace!

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

BEE BEE

Post by BEE BEE » 28 May 2014, 22:07

Must be honest, I do not allow Bowie or Ziggy either on the furniture or on the bed. However I know that if we do not put the footstools on the settee and chairs at night they will get on. But at the end of the day it is your dog, your furniture , and your house rules so if you don't mind it is nothing to do with anyone else.

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 28 May 2014, 22:20

It matters not what others think! :D Rig sleeps on the sofa in the day and goes in his crate at bedtime. When I can trust him not to scratch himself comfy on the sofa I might let him sleep where he likes at night, but he relaxes far better in the crate than not, when he seems to feel he needs to be on alert.

:D
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 28 May 2014, 22:28

I wud loves to kip on the sofa a-l-l-l-l night, Oscar. You is one lucky dood... Me, I'se not allowed to stays in the front room whenst the fambily goes to bed cos vey suspects wot I wud be chewin' stuff (vey is rite, but don' go tellin' em!!) Iffen yous a good boy 'n' dosen't chew stuff wots the prob??? Peebles seems to get shocked 'bout loadsa stuff 'n' my 'pinion - wot I sez is, "Pooh to 'em!!"
wags 'n' woofs, iant x

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 28 May 2014, 22:37

We go on the sofa when our beens are home but at night and when they go out to work, the lounge is off limits. That's fine by us - we can get on their bed and there is a sofa on the landing (but the cats tend to bags that one).

Not sure why we are not allowed in the lounge - we are not prone to chewing things normally - oh yes, that was until today when one of us decided that the nice new bed that mum bought us needed the comfy mat chewed up a bit. Oh yes, there was also one of the turtle mats that we decided to chew today :x Why would they start that now?? But that's a whole new question!

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 29 May 2014, 09:10

I sleep on the floor when I have a nap in the day. At nite I sleep on the floor but must ave my Dad's old clothes to snuggle up to! Mam and Dad bought me a large soft bed to sleep in which is much better as a den to keep all my toys in! They cannot understand why I don't use it! Doh
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 29 May 2014, 09:38

He's your dog, so it's up to you where he sleeps!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 29 May 2014, 10:42

Jazz can't see any problem at all

ImageImage
ImageImage

swardie

Post by swardie » 29 May 2014, 12:21

My view is that it matters not what anyone else thinks - Oscar's happy, you're happy, so all good!! Sad truth is that everyone's a critic!!! ( but life's too short to worry)

And Bid- that is just the BEST Doodle photo!!! I laughed out loud when I saw it . They look sooooooooo comfy!!

swardie

Post by swardie » 29 May 2014, 12:23

Yep, Jazz- totes agree!!! You're looking a bit of a chilled Dood, there!! X

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 29 May 2014, 13:35

Paddy's allowed on the sofa and won't get on until his blanky is in place and arranged just so. I make him sleep on his bed in the kitchen at night only as the cats take over the living room during the night. We like him with us when we're in there and it's much easier to have a cuddle.

I think the point is that if you have a well behaved dog then he's allowed on the sofa as a reward. If Paddy was playing up or disobedient then the sofa would be out of bounds.

A favourite quote of mine is - "it's none of my business what others think of me" and I would add "think of me and my dog" :D
ImageImage

minnie the gdoodle

Post by minnie the gdoodle » 29 May 2014, 13:44

well i think it is a total disgrace dogs arent allowed on the furniture in our house!!

well apart from those three :lol: :lol:
if its not broken dont fix it!

Curious George

Post by Curious George » 29 May 2014, 16:25

Dogs on sofas, ridiculous…

Rhea & George

ImageImage