Did you know..

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
iwantadog

Did you know..

Post by iwantadog » 18 Jun 2015, 07:52

My dog is on Apoquel for his allergies, this medicine is literally like gold dust and not many vets can get hold of it, those that do, like mine, have an allocation every month and once it's gone, you have to wait another month for them to get it.

My vet didn't order enough for me for some reason, so I ran out after giving Murphy his initial loading dose, within four days his spots came back and his skin looked awful. I was having a bit of a moan about this on the Apoquel group Facebook page and someone suggested I get a prescription for it from my vet and phone round all the local vets until I found a surgery that had some spare and would be willing to sell them to me. I did this and now have 50 Apoquel tablets in my kitchen. I had no idea you could do this, but I'm very glad you can!

Just thought this might be useful for other people to know that you can do it.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bid

Re: Did you know..

Post by Bid » 18 Jun 2015, 08:22

I would have expected the vets to have done that!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

stout

Post by stout » 18 Jun 2015, 08:34

Stout is on a tepid when he has a flare up, which is really hard to get hold of. We have done a similar thing. I think they have now stopped making it.
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

casa42

Post by casa42 » 18 Jun 2015, 13:22

I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for sharing x
Cate and Coco

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 18 Jun 2015, 16:32

Bid, so would I but they don't!

Typically my vet phoned this afternoon to say they have had the Apoquel in :roll: I suppose at least I have some spares.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage