Homeopathic arnica drops pre/post surgery

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Debby

Homeopathic arnica drops pre/post surgery

Post by Debby » 02 Feb 2016, 16:32

Hi
Willow is due to be spayed next week
I read somewhere that giving homeopathic arnica drops pre/post surgery AIDS recovery
Has anyone else tried this?
Debby

kobi&jazz

Re: Homeopathic arnica drops pre/post surgery

Post by kobi&jazz » 02 Feb 2016, 20:09

Hi Debbie
I haven't used Arnica for my doods but have used other homeopathic remedies. After my doodle Jazz was spayed I did give her Bach Rescue Remedy, then again I use this for most things :D

My (human) daughter had surgery on her nose last year and was advised to take Arnica 1 week before and after her surgery and she feels it was worth doing as she reported very little swelling and bruising. I have just seen the below advertise - could be worth a look?

Good luck - I am sure Willow will be fine.

Denes Pet Care Arnica 30C
Denes Pet Care
£6.49
Denes Pet Care Arnica 30C

This is the one remedy that no pet owner should be without. It's keynote is injury - accidental or otherwise. It helps prevent bruising, limits bleeding, encourages healing and reduces pain and the effects of shock. It can be used in any situation from minor sprains and strains to helping with serious traumatic injuries such as a road accident. It is a good idea to give Arnica a day or two before any planned surgery (such as spaying or castration) or dental work and for as long as necessary afterwards. By doing so you can help reduce the risk of haemorrhage and associated complications and ensure that wounds heal quickly with the minimum of bruising or infection. You can use Arnica for dogs that have been over exercised or are just exhausted. It can assist during labour and can help with the mother and newborn animals after a particularly traumatic birth.

Barneyboy

Post by Barneyboy » 03 Feb 2016, 12:54

Used it on dogs and kids.
When my son had an emergency appendectomy the Drs wee amazed at his recovery rate

Debby

Post by Debby » 04 Feb 2016, 14:40

Thanks for your posts
I will give her some a day before her op and afterwards as I'm sure it will help
Debby

Debby

Post by Debby » 12 Feb 2016, 18:09

Hi
Willow had her op Tuesday (Speyed) and her recovery has been amazing
Her scar has healed beautifully she has not attempted to lick it at all so no need for the dreaded cone of shame
My challenge now is to keep her calm as to look at her you wouldn't think she has had anything done!
She is going a little stir crazy at home so taking her on lots of short lead walks
I am continuing with the arnica drops and am not sure how much lack of swelling/redness/ healing has been down to that but I am very pleased with how it looks so can recommend
Debby