Worming tablets

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Debby

Worming tablets

Post by Debby » 19 Feb 2016, 19:35

Willow has been having monthly worming tablets
Drontal
She hates me giving them to her and will spit them out
I have crushed them into her food but on the last two occasions she has been sick a couple of hours later
I'm now thinking these tablets don't agree with her
Has anyone else had this with Drontal??

At 6 months the vet said she won't need worming again for three months
But as she was sick after last two dosing episodes I'm not sure if she is protected
I noticed Worm count on this forum and have now received that so will send sample to check
Debby

Bid

Re: Worming tablets

Post by Bid » 19 Feb 2016, 21:07

Hi there - Drontal doesnt agree with my doodles - when wormed I use Milbemax instead, but these days I worm count and haven't had to worm them.

Inciodentally - worming your dog doesn't give any protection against worms, it just kills any worms that are present at that time.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 19 Feb 2016, 21:36

I use this natural product and do a worm count every three months. The crunchies are given daily, so in theory your dog should never develop worms My two have never had worms according to the worm count. Traditional wormers are a poison so I would only use if the natural products aren't effective, and your dog is shown to have worms through a worm count.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verm-X-Dog-Crun ... rds=Verm-X

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 20 Feb 2016, 12:30

We use Milbemax for Dude and he finds them disgusting! He will normally eat anything! But with the worming tabs I have to make a banana and peanut butter combo to trick him into swallowing! :roll:

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 20 Feb 2016, 15:29

We5Kings wrote:We use Milbemax for Dude and he finds them disgusting! He will normally eat anything! But with the worming tabs I have to make a banana and peanut butter combo to trick him into swallowing! :roll:
We have to hide them inside a sausage or cream cheese to fool Oscar :roll: :roll: .

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 21 Feb 2016, 01:50

Another reason to think that mine aren't doods.... they both scoff their Milbemax as if they are treats...! (I really should start feeding them.... :oops: ) :lol:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Debby

Post by Debby » 21 Feb 2016, 12:57

Thanks for all your posts very helpful as always!
Have ordered the Verm X will try her on those and worm count to make sure she is worm free
Debby

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 21 Feb 2016, 14:20

In my experience Verm X really works, but you have to make sure your dog starts off the daily crunchies worm free, either by doing a worm count and awaiting the negative results or by giving conventional wormer first and then straight away starting off on the crunchies.

Hope you like it!