including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 06:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: De-fleaing and worming
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2016, 22:02 

Coco and Annie wrote:
We used to rely on natural methods such as biospoix spray and Billy No Mates. They did not prevent ticks unfortunately. We live in the Highlands and I was picking crawling ticks off my dogs all the time.

We have now resorted back to Advantix as this seems to be the only product that works. Repellling ticks is a very big and sensitive isssue for me as my 15 year old son has recently been diagnosed with Lyme disease. Proper treatment in the U.K is non-existent . We are now having to seek help abroad for simple antibiotics at great expense. It's a huge deal, so please seriously consider your methods of prevention. It only takes one bite and you could become seriously and chronically ill, with very little medical assistance.

For more information on lack of treatment, please watch.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/ ... ung-woman/

Hell's teeth! So sorry to read about your son Annie, really bad luck.
Hope his recovery goes well, is steady and complete.

Post subject: Re: De-fleaing and worming
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 17:01 

Oh Annie, my heart goes out to you and your son. There are few things worse than a sick child.
I think you are right, we all have to be as responsible and careful as possible. There are a lot of ticks up on the Somerset Quantocks so we always wear boots and trousers and always check Dude carefully. Frontline seems to work for ticks, so far so good.
But I do feel there's some little devil bothering him at the moment. More likely a flea/ flea family! :roll: I'm carrying on combing daily and will do Frontline again after the 6 weeks are up.Anny