Advice on fla and worming please

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Trev

Advice on fla and worming please

Post by Trev » 04 Jul 2017, 12:16

Can anybody give me advice on the best product for flea and worming. We tried Stronghold (selamectin) but that caused slight burning on Nenya's back (1 year old Labradoodle). We treated her with medicated shampoo and she is fine now so we are looking for an alternative. Your input would be appreciated.

olly

Re: Advice on fla and worming please

Post by olly » 04 Jul 2017, 18:44

Hi, I have 2 two year old Doodle boys. Whisper has quite sensitive skin. I use Fipnil on them and apart from a very small amount of rubbing on the floor (something he does often usually in something smelly!!!) he is fine with it. He couldn't tolerate Advocate at all. I do not worm either of them but send a sample to a company called Wormcount. They analyse it and let you know if the dog has intestinal worms. You can also get them checked for lungworm. You only have to give the dogs chemicals if they need it then.The test picked up that Echo (my other one) had fox lungworm well before he had any symptoms.
I hope you find something that works for you.
Olly, Echo and Whisper.

Trev

Re: Advice on fla and worming please

Post by Trev » 04 Jul 2017, 19:53

Thanks for all the advice, it really helps.