Worried about Roxy

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
deb Beasor

Worried about Roxy

Post by deb Beasor » 01 Feb 2008, 21:19

Hi all

Bit concerned about Roxy, she is eating well, poop is normal, no sickness.
Not sure if she has strained a muscle or something, have been rubbing her belly when she is wet with a towell & she yelps, checked her tummy nothing, then got her to jump up at the car & I lift her bum up but it was obviously painful she yelped again, later I gently gave her a belly & side a rub & she yelped again.
Took her out for a walk the other day she wasnt her usual boundy self
when I touched her rear end she yelped.
I have always been obsessed about hips & have always got the vet to check her.
Will see how she is when we go for a walk & then take her to the vets if I am still not happy.
I took her for a walk & this week she has been fine until today.
I decided to call the vet when I put her in the car she was obviously in pain & went to bite me which is sooo not like her. :cry:
Vet thinks it may be her back & has put her on anti inflammatory pain killers with restricted exercise. He checked her hips & said that they do not have full extension & that her hips are not perfect, she did wince slightly when he extended them.
If she has not improved by middle of next week we will do an xray on her back & hips.
Can the start to this year get any better. :cry:

Hopefully she will be fine, I am sooo worried, she is my baby.
Deb

Barb did think it may be a twisted back, any other opinions or advise would be great I am very worried.

amber

Re: Worried about Roxy

Post by amber » 01 Feb 2008, 22:02

Ooh Debs, sorry to hear that.
I know you will be really worried, and i don't blame you. I think you will just have to have her XRayed to see, and that is what will help put your mind at rest too. There is lots that can be done for the worst case scenario. Is she insured?
I am thinking of you, i'm sorry i am no help
Amber x

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 01 Feb 2008, 22:19

Can't be any help, but just wanted to say that I hope it is just a short-term injury and nothing more long-term. Best wishes to Roxy and hope the anti inflammatories help with her pain. Even if it is more serious, they can do so much for joint conditions now.
Fingers crossed for you.
Helen and Barley
x
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Bid

Post by Bid » 01 Feb 2008, 22:41

Oh Debs how worrying for you - you are having a bad time at the moment :( . It does sound like she has strained something, so hopefully the anti-inflams will help. Poor Roxy - give her a (gentle) hug from us.

Let us know how she gets on, won't you.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

magmar

Post by magmar » 02 Feb 2008, 08:49

My sisters poodle hurt his back and he yelped when being touched. The vet said he was very sore, he said he must have twisted himself somehow. My sister didn't have a clue as to when it happened. It took tablets and a few weeks to make him better. Lets hope this is what Roxy has done. Being a doodle they are always jumping about. So there's a good chance this is what it is. Maggie
magmar

alliedoodle

Post by alliedoodle » 02 Feb 2008, 10:51

Aw give Roxy a big hug from us.

I know how worrying it can be waiting etc, I am having to do that with Jasper at the mo.

Just a thought have you seen the dog ramps that you can get for the car?? I got one when Muffy tried to jump in the boot and he some how got his left back leg caught behind and he yelped so loud the whole car park heard him. They are great.

Bid

Post by Bid » 04 Feb 2008, 12:54

How is Roxy doing Debs? I hope she's feeling less pain now :(
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

it_tel

Post by it_tel » 04 Feb 2008, 18:59

Sorry but I can't give you any information that may be of any comfort either, however Tudor, the cats (Monty and Lola) Karin and I are thinking about you.
(left the forum)

Fizzy's mum

Post by Fizzy's mum » 04 Feb 2008, 22:09

Thinking of you and sending you hugs & licks!

Lucy & Fizzy XX

Elendili

Post by Elendili » 05 Feb 2008, 00:15

Ahhhh Debs,

So sorry to hear this. :( :(

I will P.M. you.

Love and Hugs and Licks xx

Jenn xxx

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 05 Feb 2008, 00:17