Good Article on insurance

Discussion of experiences with obtaining and claiming on Pet Insurance, how to select an insurer and what to look for in a policy
Doodle Dee

Good Article on insurance

Post by Doodle Dee » 03 Jul 2013, 12:40

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ay-up.html

I am not sure how I can link it here but if you copy and paste into your browsing bar - you should get it

Hopefully
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

MalcolmW

Re: Good Article on insurance

Post by MalcolmW » 03 Jul 2013, 19:49

It's an interesting article. I used to insure my dogs until one of had several stomach problems which came under the excess, but when she had a major problem - and a big bill - the company refused to pay as they said I should have informed them of the earlier problems.

Now I save regularly into an account, and make sure I have a credit card with a large available balance in case of emergencies.
Malcolm

owned by the Labradoodles Lottie and Ruby
and Teigan & Leo the Mini Schnauzers

Kylie22

Post by Kylie22 » 18 May 2019, 16:34

Doodle Dee wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ay-up.htmlmeilleur taux

I am not sure how I can link it here but if you copy and paste into your browsing bar - you should get it

Hopefully
Thanks for the links :)

linny

Post by linny » 24 May 2019, 15:01

Thanks for the interesting link Dee.
I think it just confirms what we already know ....that most pet insurance is a rip off.
I insure my dogs with pet plan and to be fair they have always been good.
When Jethro was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor at a year old they couldn't have been more helpful ...and my claim was met very quickly.
However I know of other pet owners whose insurers have refused to pay out .
It's time that some of these firms are brought to book.
Like Malcolm I also have a savings account for the dogs so that if, for any reason a claim is not met I can cover it.
Belt and braces :wink: