Search facility

If you have suggestions for features you would like to see on teh site, comments about the site or any bugs that you have spotted - please post here
stargirl

Search facility

Post by stargirl » 24 Sep 2011, 10:36

I am finding that everything I try to search for always comes back with nothing found. For various reasons, too short words, too common a search etc.
Am I doing something really stupid? Just I don't want to post topics which are commonly covered so thought it would be easier to search but am finding it impossible to find what I am looking for....

Doodlelove12

Re: Search facility

Post by Doodlelove12 » 24 Sep 2011, 11:30

I've just had a go and it's the same for me. Only when I search on an author does it come up with results. If you're looking for info on training for instance, it might be easier to jump to that section and after a bit of a browse you'll probably find what you need. Works for me.
ImageImage

Ever wonder where you'd end up if you took your dog for a walk and never once pulled back on the leash? Robert Brault

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 24 Sep 2011, 12:29

Occasionally it gets sorted out and then quickly goes wrong again. I think it is something to do with the volume of posts on here.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Bid

Post by Bid » 24 Sep 2011, 12:57

It's easier to use the google advanced search, and put www.labradoodle.org/forum in the url section.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron