Names?

If you have suggestions for features you would like to see on teh site, comments about the site or any bugs that you have spotted - please post here
MontyDog

Re: Names?

Post by MontyDog » 13 Apr 2012, 13:24

stout wrote:Birds are a bit tricky, you have to be carefully they can't get heads/feet stuck in things. There is a haning thing for sleeping in called a 'sleepy teepee' which will give you an idea. It is basically a hanging pyramid of fabric with open front/back. I am sure you will find it if you google it. I would say a smooth fabric would be better (rather than fleece) so claws don't get stuck. As for size, our 'keets are about 5 inches beak to tail, and the parrot 8 inches, but he is quite a wee breed.

Hope this helps!
Ah - thanks! I've had a look at them and they are made from fleece. I would say that fleece is the best fabric as it doesn't fray. With cottons you ALWAYS have the chance that it might fray.

I could certainly make something like the sleepy teepee - but tbh I could make something better! They don't look at all well made. And so expensive for something so...cheap looking!

I will certainly think on it. You never know - I might be sending you a prototype to see how you get on with it..... :)

Thanks!
I'm Kate and our house contains:
1 doodle - Monty
8 rodents...
I also sew stuff for animals http://www.kitsch-n-sniff.co.uk

MontyDog

Post by MontyDog » 13 Apr 2012, 13:27

I LOVE this thread! Thank you all for introducing yourselves and your families. We are so much more than an avatar and a nickname. I love the fact that our animals define who we are, shape us and teach us.

Keep going with the introductions!

Jo - I have a ratty called Jasper. :) He's 2 years old and a scrummy little thing. Such a loveable nature and hardy!
1 doodle - Monty
8 rodents...

stout

Post by stout » 13 Apr 2012, 14:32

The thing about fleece, is its fluffyness, bird claws are really wee and can get stuck in things (experience of my old budgie rhubarb) which is why I was saying smooth fabric. I am sure fuggles and goldings would be your guinea pigs!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 13 Apr 2012, 14:43

stout wrote:fuggles and goldings
Awww!!!

MontyDog

Post by MontyDog » 13 Apr 2012, 14:48

stout wrote:The thing about fleece, is its fluffyness, bird claws are really wee and can get stuck in things (experience of my old budgie rhubarb) which is why I was saying smooth fabric. I am sure fuggles and goldings would be your guinea pigs!
Hmm....yes I can see your point there. Are they liable to chew things? Or to destroy fabric? I'm sorry - I know NOTHING about birds.....
1 doodle - Monty
8 rodents...

elainendexter

Post by elainendexter » 13 Apr 2012, 15:34

Im elaine and dexter my big boy ,my boyfiend is name john ,i have 2 grown up daughters and a lovely grandaughter ariah who is 2 and half ,and a new grandson reian who is six months ,and not forgetting my 2 cats triksy who is 17 and milly who is 13 plus 2 gold fish pixe and dixie ,love them all.
Image this is when grandaughter put dexter some platts in.

Lil

Post by Lil » 13 Apr 2012, 16:50

Hi Kate - my name is Lisa. I used the post name Lil which is the name my family called me when I was little and it has stuck with my brothers and sister. I used it because I thought there would be loads of Lisa's (although now I've said that I haven't seen many :D

I'm the one who does all the posting - my husband is called Ron and I have three children - two still teenagers and one in his twenties. I don't mention their names as they wouldn't thank me and prefer to remain anonymous :roll: I guess it's not quite the thing to be on a dog forum - although they all love the dogs to bits :D

I have three dogs -two terriers Alfie and Monty and a doodle Phoebe. I do try and remember to sign off my posts with my proper name, but sometimes forget - you're right, it does make it more personal!

Lisa

nicollf

Post by nicollf » 13 Apr 2012, 16:57

Hi, I think I usually sign my posts but to be sure my name is Fiona, the doodle is Lottie! My husband is George and I have two very grown up children and am going to be a Grandma in September!

:D Fiona and Lottie

ArchieBoy

Post by ArchieBoy » 13 Apr 2012, 17:01

Hello Kate

I'm Kirsty (Archie is my mad BOY doodle, hence Archieboy) Other half is James and been together 14 years. :shock:

Lost our beautiful golden retriever on New Years Eve aged almost 13 and on January 16 we welcomed Archie into our home. I am completely smitten and he has both of us wrapped firmly round his paw! :D

I was lucky enough to find Archie's brother through this forum and once we arrange it, we are going to meet up with Alfie and Mandi (his mum) :D

Kirsty and Archie

ImageImage

MontyDog

Post by MontyDog » 13 Apr 2012, 18:04

Hello, hello, HELLO everyone! Oh it's so nice to 'meet' you all.

*Sniffs air*

I am suspicious that Monty dog may have done something BAD under the table.

*Checks under table*

Nope, nothing there. But there is definitely an evil smell. Hmmm....better hunt it out.....
1 doodle - Monty
8 rodents...

PeggyS

Post by PeggyS » 13 Apr 2012, 18:19

Good idea
I'm Helen and in our house we have Richard Joe and Emily and of course Peggy

whirlwindmum

Post by whirlwindmum » 13 Apr 2012, 18:22

HI Kate, and everyone else :D Im Treena, married, 8 kids between us :shock:( only 3 currently living at home) 3 daughter in laws,1 son in law, 3 of the kids are teenagers so the usual amount of girlfriends/boyfriends/ friends flowing thought the house :roll: :roll: as well as the youngest daughter whom is 12 years old so always a tribe of kids in the garden, 8 grand-kids and 1 special angel.
Dh works full time, i work part/ full time but do split shifts, so always time to walk Alfie the beautiful dood who is 2 and half with selective hearing :lol: :lol: :P
Got a hamster and 2 fish :D

Oh and im 41 and going grey very fast :lol: :lol: :lol:
But still managed to go clubbing last weekend, wont be doing that again in a hurry :wink: :lol:

i]Treena & Alfie[/i]

Noglet

Post by Noglet » 13 Apr 2012, 18:35

We're Sarah and Simon - Noglet is my nickname, based on Oliver Postgate's Saga of Noggin the Nog (but you've got to be a certain age to appreciate that!).

We have Ollie, our gorgeous Skye Terrier who is almost 11 years old and was rescued from Manchester Dog's Home and our 2-year-old dood who we simply had to call Stan - again, no-one under 40 gets the link! Plus our 4 chickens - Ginger, Fudge, Rapunzel and Eugene.

MontyDog

Post by MontyDog » 13 Apr 2012, 20:12

whirlwindmum wrote:HI Kate, and everyone else :D Im Treena, married, 8 kids between us :shock:( only 3 currently living at home) 3 daughter in laws,1 son in law, 3 of the kids are teenagers so the usual amount of girlfriends/boyfriends/ friends flowing thought the house :roll: :roll: as well as the youngest daughter whom is 12 years old so always a tribe of kids in the garden, 8 grand-kids and 1 special angel.
Dh works full time, i work part/ full time but do split shifts, so always time to walk Alfie the beautiful dood who is 2 and half with selective hearing :lol: :lol: :P
Got a hamster and 2 fish :D

Oh and im 41 and going grey very fast :lol: :lol: :lol:
But still managed to go clubbing last weekend, wont be doing that again in a hurry :wink: :lol:

Wowzers! You have a LOT going on in your house! It much be bonkers there. :lol:

Hello! Nice to meet you. :0)
1 doodle - Monty
8 rodents...

MontyDog

Post by MontyDog » 13 Apr 2012, 20:14

Noglet wrote:We're Sarah and Simon - Noglet is my nickname, based on Oliver Postgate's Saga of Noggin the Nog (but you've got to be a certain age to appreciate that!).

We have Ollie, our gorgeous Skye Terrier who is almost 11 years old and was rescued from Manchester Dog's Home and our 2-year-old dood who we simply had to call Stan - again, no-one under 40 gets the link! Plus our 4 chickens - Ginger, Fudge, Rapunzel and Eugene.
Uber jealous about your chickens! I WANT SOME! :lol:

You're right though - I have no idea who Noggin the Nog is and don't get the link to 'Stan'. :roll: But I DO like your nickname none-the-less. :)
1 doodle - Monty
8 rodents...