including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 16:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

What did you pay for your labradoodle?
Nothing 3%  3%  [ 25 ]
Less than £200 3%  3%  [ 25 ]
£200-£399 11%  11%  [ 104 ]
£400-£599 26%  26%  [ 246 ]
£600-£799 28%  28%  [ 271 ]
£800-£999 19%  19%  [ 186 ]
£1000-£1199 4%  4%  [ 36 ]
£1200-£1399 4%  4%  [ 38 ]
£1400 or more 3%  3%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 960
 Post subject: What did you pay for your labradoodle?
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 13:06 
Site Admin

This is a question for any labradoodle owner but please restrict it to domestic dogs rather than any dog purchased at a premium for breeding purposes.

Please record your answer to the poll but do not comment on this thread. If you wish to make comments on pricing please do so in the general forums (it's a fairly popular topic!).

Mark

Post subject: Re: What did you pay for your labradoodle?
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 01:17 

£500

thank you

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 16:00 

my dood is priceless and it shouldn't matter what we pay for them..

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac24 ... 5647_o.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 20:30 

four hundred pounds

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 13:53 

We bought our Australian labradoodle for £2000. We nearly fainted when we found out how much she was but she's been worth every penny. She's got a great pedigree, had all the tests, came spayed and with her first two vaccines plus two month's insurance. She has a great lineage and her ancestors come from Tegan Park via Suset Hills in Australia.

Australian labradoodles differ from labradoodle origin (those bred from a cross between a lab and a poodle). Australian labradoodles are a pedigree breed - not a poodle cross, which started over twenty years ago in Australia, and are bred labradoodle to labradoodle. Lots of people don't know this - they always assume they're the same. This is why Oz labs are more expensive...

Both labradoodles and Australian labradoodles are gorgeous animals - but there is a big price difference that some people don't understand.

I suppose the prices are also to do with demand outweighing availability.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 23:46 

All Labradoodles are lovely but check out the TEGAN PARK STORY before you are sure of what you have bought.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 17:57 

CAROL SHAW wrote:
All Labradoodles are lovely but check out the TEGAN PARK STORY before you are sure of what you have bought.

where??

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 23:59 

Not good with the Pc can someone help me with where the Tegan Park story is linked on here?
Also now many British Labradoodles are bred Doodle to Doodle and so not first cross and I do not think that the Australian Labradoodle is a recognised breed with any Kennel Club other then the Australian Labradoodle Club

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 00:14 

There is quite a lot of research on the truth behind Rutland Manor on this site http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/ including reports by other breeders.
I think what Carol Shaw is referring to is Angela Cunningham's account of the start of Tegan Park to be found on the hudsondoodles site. http://www.hudsondoodles.com/pages/BREEDHISTORY.htm The truth is only partially to be found on this link in my opinion.Since when did puppy farmers like Angela and Beverley ever tell the truth?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:34 

sorry to jump in here as we don't currently have a doodle. The prices seem to vary so much and obviously it would be nice to have to not worry about the cost. However, the breeders i have looked at seem to be charging around £1500 which we cannot afford. I read with interest 2 of your members saying they paid £400. If you don't mind would you please be able to forward me details of those breeders as this price would be affordable for us. I am assuming that these breeders were well looked into before purchasing. Why is there such a big price difference ?

Thanks very much
Marsi

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:54 

marsi wrote:
sorry to jump in here as we don't currently have a doodle. The prices seem to vary so much and obviously it would be nice to have to not worry about the cost. However, the breeders i have looked at seem to be charging around £1500 which we cannot afford. I read with interest 2 of your members saying they paid £400. If you don't mind would you please be able to forward me details of those breeders as this price would be affordable for us. I am assuming that these breeders were well looked into before purchasing. Why is there such a big price difference ?

Thanks very much
Marsi

There are pups far cheaper than £1500, you only have to look around, prices vary immensely. It is up to the puppy buyer to ascertain how good a breeder is by visiting and making sure for themselves (regardless of what others have bought) seeing all the health test certs etc etc... ( check UKLA CoP)
Dogs are not cheap to buy and not cheap to keep, with insurance, food etc
Have you considered rescue or fostering in the first instance?

www.labradoodletrust.com

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 21:59 

Lindsey wrote:
four hundred pounds

we also payed £400 for ours a lot of people said we were mad as it was n't classed as a pedigree, i got a telling off from a lab breeder at work one day.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 22:01 

Nicky wrote:

I could n't agree more !

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 15:00 

calj77 wrote:
Nicky wrote:

I could n't agree more !

I have to disagree - I would not pay a silly price (say £2000) for any pet dog :)

People paying high prices a few years ago has led to a rise in the number of Labradoodles in rescue/seeking homes now, due to more people breeding from their pets to make money. The number of puppies unsold at is increasing (at least near me) and prices dropping. You can pick up Lab x Standard Poodle F1 from £200 for a 3 month old puppy - the "breeders" drop the price as they get older in an effort to get rid of them

owned by the Labradoodles Lottie and Ruby
and Teigan & Leo the Mini Schnauzers

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 22:47 

I agree I dont think any dog is worth paying £2000 for especially as in the case of the Australian ones when later it has become apparent that all is not what it seemd and in fact the paper work may not be releveant to that dog.
I think there are more in rescue because people jumped "on the band wagon" breeding from any old labrador bitch many not health checked just to make a few pounds which if a litter is bred well and looked after properly there is very little if any profit left over.
It has always been our believe that the mother should be the standard poodle and the father the labrador.
We have been breeding for 10 years now and had no compaints so I think we must be doing something right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next