including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 03:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Stout is 7
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 16:12 

Hi everyone. Not been on for a while, i have been poorly, but can see the light at the end of the tunnel :D

Anyway, our little fluff ball is 7 today :D . So far he has had breakfast in bed, then a lie in with his dad while I went to tai chi. He has just been to the garden centre and his favourite pet shop and had a huge carrot for lunch. He is currently snoozing on the sofa and will be having a marrow bone for pudding tonight (he has had 3 zantacs in preparation :lol: :roll: )

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Post subject: Re: Stout is 7
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 22:55 

Happy Birthday Stout - sounds like you have had the perfect day!

Glad you are on the mend - hope you stay well :-)

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 11:43 

HappyBirthdayStout! Hope you thoroughly enjoyed those bday treats!
Really sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope Stout has been on his best behaviour for you :roll: Anny+Dude xx

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 12:57 

He has definitely been playing up to the 'but is my birthday' thing. He refused point blank to come in from the garden earlier, a treat waved under the nose was not high value enough, he only moved when there was a bit of cheese offered, he then barked to be let out, Chris let him out he then turned round came back in and looked up at his treat jar :roll:

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of march, I have been lucky that they caught it early so have had 3 ops and now just radiotherapy and hormone treatment to come. Stout seems to know I have a poorly boob and has been very cuddly but very gentle. He did keep sniffing the area before I was diagnosed which was a bit weird, he has done it since the tumour was removed, I guess it smells different again? !

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 15:42 

:) :) A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE HONEY MONSTER :) :)

Can't believe he's seven already :shock: :shock: Have a lovely day Stouty pants....woofs and licks from Ambrose Jethro, Millie ,Mutley, Amos , Eli, & Bella.

So sorry to hear about your illness Michelle but pleased to hear that you found it early. I do wish you a full and speedy recovery. (BIG HUG )

Isn't it amazing how dogs can smell abnormal tissue ...No surprise really when you consider that they can smell any item of food dropped under the counters in the kitchen when it's so small you can't see it yourself :lol:
We really should take more notice of our dogs, they obviously know more than us.
Glad you can see light at the end of the tunnel(more than i can ...as I am waiting for cataract surgery:)....the waiting list is LOOOOOOONG :roll:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 21:14 

Dogs really are amazing! We can't begin to imagine the power of their sense of smell and I am convinced they can tell when we are feeling sad too.
I'm SO glad you are on the mend Michelle,we've missed you.
I did laugh at Stouts contrary behaviour on his birthday though! Mind you Dude has been a right pain in the bum lately- to the extent I've threatened him with The Snip :shock: Just yesterday he took himself off up the lane for a solo walk :roll: Very scary for us! I got a phone call " I think I've seen your dog!" Paul set off to get D who thought it was a game!! Hey ho, that's dogs! Anny x

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 19:58 

Belated Happy Birthday!! Stout,

Can't believe just how clever these doods are. Oscar absolutely loves playing scent games, his favourite being "find the sausage in the garden" :D , and he can smell cats from 200 yards :o .

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4