including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 17:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: 15 May 2018, 23:40 

Good evening if you are reading this. I love to open up the iPad late at night and have a read of the doodle posts but...... where is everyone, I know how successfull the forum has been in helping new dood owners . Let's admit it doods are not always the easiest especially in the first few years, I used the wisdom of so many of you to get Holly to where she is today or were you training me really. Looking through the old posts it is sad to see that "photobucket " had such an effect on the wonderful photos people put on, is that the reason for the decline in posting or is it the dreaded " Facebook" that has taken you all away?
The page says 34 people are looking in at this time, if so have you a happy story to share of life with doodles. I remember a short time ago one of the stalwarts of this forum asked the same question "is anyone out there? "

Post subject: Re: Where is everyone?
PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 11:10 

Hi,
It’s sad isn’t it? I still check in everyday and am sad to see the lack of posts but then don’t post myself. I don’t like Facebook and don’t use it but I guess other people do and that’s where they’ve gone.
The photo problem has killed things too. Does anyone know of another way to put photos on here?
Be nice if we could get going again. Xx

xxx

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 15:14 

We're doomed we're all doomed as the saying goes.
Hi Suzi23173 it's you and me kid!! Nobody wants to add to the impending doom of this forum. I have spent a considerable time trying to find a way to add photos by iPad or iPhone, I am no techno even phoned my daughter who could only suggest a Facebook link to the forum !!!!!!Well I am going for a long walk with my doodle to blow the cobwebs away, and am unlikely to post again.
All the best Suzi and doodle xx

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 16:46 

Hi i miss this forum, I look on every week, but never many posts.

I use https://postimages.org/ for pictures on another site, and it works ok.

Let see if I can get on up of Harley

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 16:48 

Last edited by Sarahdol75 on 16 May 2018, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 16:49 

Yes it worked.

You might want to resize it to 15inch monitor and click hotlink for forums to post.

Happy snapping :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 21:25 

Hi! I am still here, I check the forum once a week. I wasn't very active last year after my breast cancer diagnosis, thankfully all treatment finished now, and don't have to go back for a year. Chris and I finally got married in january after 25 years together, stout was our ring bearer and was amazingly well behaved! The little fur ball is good. He hurt his leg playing ball a couple of weeks ago, we took him to the vet who told us he had to rest for three days, including no jumping onto the sofa or going upstairs. Needless to say resting was not popular, he ended up laying in the garden sulking with his chin cuddling a tennis ball. We could tell he was feeling better when he started doodle dashing around!

It would be a shame if the forum finished. I am also not on Facebook

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 22:29 

Hi Suzi, I had forgotten how much Tess and my Holly look alike, I will try the site that Sarahdol kindly suggested, perhaps when I have more brain tomorrow. Harley obviously knows how to reeeeelax. Been in the windswept garden all afternoon gardening with the "help" of Holly which normally consists of her digging to Australia
( probably to see a relative) I loose my rag and she gets banned to watch from the kitchen door. Then it was a long walk as my penance for being such a bad "mummy"
Hi Stouts mum belated congratulations on both your big events and I thought long engagements were a thing of the past. My heartfelt wish is for your continued good health.
I cannot imagine Holly performing such a prestigious job as ring bearer she would be mugging friends and family all the way up to the altar!
I love those doodle dashes I don't know another breed with such an unusual kink.
Come on line if you are reading this and let us hear from you.
Goodnight all

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 22:52 

Thanks Kathie. We thought Stout would be the same in a room full of his hooman buddies. We were going to get the best man to bring him in, but he is our least dog friendly friend, so chris ended up doing it. He only barked once in the ceremony, but when he came and sat with us he was fine. He also managed to get himself tangled round a table leg during chris' speech so one of our friends had to get on his hands and knees under the top table to free him!

Stout also likes 'helping' with the gardening by digging holes in the lawn :roll:

It was really weird, before I was diagnosed stout kept sniffing my right boob exactly where the tumour was (you couldn't feel it, it was only picked up because I was sent for an early mamogramme because my sister was diagnosed the year before). I have heard of it before, but aren't dogs amazing :P . I do now have a mild panic mind you if he sniffs me for any period of time! He also did it after the op, I guess it must have smelt different again.

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 23:24 

Yes I believe they are now training dogs to detect cancer at an early stage.
Our best friends are working in many areas, one I thought particularly unusual is in illegal money laundering, they sniff out people trying to smuggle out money. My husband Mick says I can smell money a mile away and spend it twice as quick. 8)
Holly's claim to fame is she can sniff out golf balls :shock: we live on a golf course, so our son in law gets lots of practice balls. Although often they land in our garden, I thought I had grown an unusual shrub in a tub, some clever golfer had a hole in one and did'nt know it, I heard the usual clonk ( one day it will be smashing glass) on the brickwork and the ball had rebounded into the tub.

PostPosted: 16 May 2018, 23:29 

Evening all :)

I'm still here too - I look on here a few times a week but don't post much any more. I also have an aversion to Facebook, strangely I am quite proud of that :lol: Coco is now 6 and is the most wonderful dog. Her only fault is her extreme greediness, although she's not a food thief thank goodness. It's lovely to see everyone's posts - let's hope we can keep this going as it's very much worth it.
Sending best wishes to you all and your lovely doodles.

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 07:46 

Morning Masil and I thought I was the only insomniac, not really I must leave the iPad downstairs tonight if only to get a few extra hours sleep. It is right when the powers that be say mobiles etc late at night stop young people from sleeping. I am late 60s and have found it so.
Coco is such a wonderful colour and completely different from Holly as far as food is concerned talk about fussy pooch, having had a golden retriever for 15 years who's nickname was dustbin it is something of a shock to find a dog who would rather starve than eat something she does not like.
We have though discovered Raw Food :o it has made such a difference to Holly, if anyone wants to know in what way. Ask and I will let you know from our point of view.
Welcome to anyone with a funny story or who has a doodle problem, you certainly would not be alone there. We may lack the years of forum posting experience of some people but we are doodle nuts.

PostPosted: 17 May 2018, 07:55 

Talking of kinks, has anyone else got this one. Holly who is over 5 years old has lately taken a complete dislike to shiny floors, laminates, tiles, in fact any surface that maybe looks like water? In the kitchen where the floor is a very shiny black surface we have had to lay a carpet runner across from kitchen door to garden door :( it is quite a performance to get her to her bed at night as we have shiny wooden floors. Short of carpeting everywhere ( not possible as I have asthma) I do not have an answer.

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 17:39 

I still check in most weeks and wonder where everyone has gone!
We have been very busy since our move to West Cornwall. Dude loves it here but due to far too many solo escapades, over the wall and up the lane,we finally decided that, at almost 5, he needed to be neutered. Four weeks on he's a changed dog- for the better! No more escaping, better recall and no pulling on the lead! Incredible! We are lucky to have found a really good vet who gave us great advice and is pro RAW feeding!
Here's to lots more posts on here. I don't do Facebook either.
Anny x

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 17:53 

Yes we are still here too!! Have to admit I tend to go on our Surrey Strollers fb page for our latest doodle natter. - but I have to say I found this site so helpful when I first got Flo nearly 10 years ago!! - so nice to have the support when you are struggling with a new puppy. A bit like a really good ante natal group!!

Here's to a few more posts in the future!

Susie, Flo and Ruby x