including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 10:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Please tell me its a phase!
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2018, 17:10 

Luna is now 6 months and the naughtiest Doodle imaginable! She is still stealing everything she can get to - including an egg from the carton which she ran round the house with, eventually giving it up- unbroken! Cream cakes, bavon, tv remote, coasters - you name it. She has 3 walks a day and is hardly ever left. She is a terribly fussy eater - sometimes not eating all day ( though she would eat our food if allowed. ) Having been the star of training - shes now more interested in playing the fool. On the plus side she is a joy to take to the pub - settling under the table no problem. She is adorable - but such mischievous and energetic girl and now at 18kg a handful. Please tell me it will pass!!

Post subject: Re: Please tell me its a phase!
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2018, 13:11 

:lol: :lol: :lol: what a girl!....for most it WILL pass....but there are some that continue to act the clown for their whole life.
Our Huggy was one such character and although he drove us to distraction I would give everything to have him back with all his naughtiness.....
Treasure her even if she drives you mad :(

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2018, 15:22 

Yes we love her to bits - but oh boy does she try us! Today it was a tube of toothpaste and husband's reading glasses plus an Ugg boot! Funny thing is she doesn't chew them up - its just to get us to chase her! She wants to play every waking moment. She us very clever and knows just how to get a reaction. Everything now is up high out of reach - but the rate she is growing they wont be for long! Even my treasured Beatles CDs have been stolen! She is certainly a big character and everybody loves her - except perhaps my daughter's 5 year old Labradoodle who is very laid back and doesnt appreciate being accosted by our over exuberent pup!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2018, 16:21 

It's usually the clever ones that get up to the most mischief!.....Huggy was extremely intelligent and if he wasn't kept busy would find something to get up to. :roll:
Jethro often takes things he shouldn't have and will wave the item under our noses but won't give it back and I swear he says NO when I ask for the item back. :lol:
I must add he's not he brightest spark in comparison to the Huggy monster but he has his moments.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 14:09 

Hi. Stout was a proper pain in the bum when he was a pup. He ate 3 holes in the living room wall, was constantly covered in mud, deaf to commands, a counter surfer etc. He calmed down a bit when he was 18 months old, literally over night, we were seriously thinking he was ill. He is now 8 and has a lovely nature. He is very clever so can be naughty in sneaky ways but that keeps us on our toes and entertained. Thankfully he has a lab stomach so the halo appears when he sees a treat.

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 15:41 

Hope for us then! Counter surfing is her speciality- shes 6 months now and growing fast - we are sure she's a human in a furry suit!!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 15:49 

And after a day of mischief - this is what I found at bedtime ( she was swiftly removed)!
Imagescreenshot captor

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 23:47 

Yes it’s a phase. Can last for years though. Or reoccur every so often :lol:

ImageImage

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2018, 17:31 

Gorgeous pix. :D The thing is, Yes it's a phase. But, nows the time to put a stop to something like counter surfing. I am not a mean Doodle mummy (and boy do they get away with things by being SOOOO cute) but IF you want to stop her putting her paws on the counter then I can recommend the age old method of a rolled up magazine whacked on the counter ( NEVER on her toes of course- but near by)This will shock her ( hopefully- it worked with Dude) and she won't do it again! We only needed to do it a few times when Dude was a similar age.
6 months is the time when they start trying it on a bit. You are lucky she doesn't actually eat the things she steals! Dudes worse was gobbling down a pair of tights. He ate many other objects too. We just had to be vigilant. But if she just steals to be chased, then dont chase her. :roll: Anny x

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2018, 14:47 

Hi, well tried the rolled up newspaper - she thought it was a great game and didn't put her off at all! :evil: Will continue to try it though. We have the builders in at the moment and it's a full time job keeping her from running off with their tools. We don't chase her when it is nothing of value - but it usually is! Thanks for the ideas - we can only persevere - I met a lady in the park yesterday with a 7 year old Doodle - who told me he was exactly the same - and still is! :cry:
Imagegreenshot screen capture
(She's SO cute though!)

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2018, 18:31 

Yes its a phase that lasts all their doodle life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harley is a counter surfer aswell, he can even reach it if its pushed right back. He actually steals it and runs off and eats it though.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 11:49 

Oh Luna you are so normal doodle, by 2 the light bulb does seem to come on. Holly almost overnight calmed, not that the crafty humour does not still keep us on our toes too. Counter surfing can be difficult especially as Holly knows every shop that keeps biscuits behind the counter. A Dog friendly pub on holiday is always welcomeImage
Make mine a pint!

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 18:14 

Oh ha ha!! That is so comical. Luna still persisting wth the counter surfing despite everything we have tried. We went on a cruise recently and our dog sitter looked exhausted when we got home! Said she didnt need the TV as Luna provided the entertainment - however she did run off with her glasses a few times. She has been hyper since we got home and needed a serious groom as she made it difficult for sitter. So sorry to hear of your holiday disaster - it sounds horrendous! Holly looks very like Luna - here is a pic taken just before we left for our cruise - not too impressed! Image

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 16:49 

I love it when George does this! Even when I haven't even realised he's got something he comes to me to say "look what I've got, you're going to have to chase me to get it".

Everything he takes comes back unscathed. Phones, remotes, hair brushes, shoes and whatever else he fancies grabbing.