Options 2,3 and 4!!!

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Alfieandlindsey

Options 2,3 and 4!!!

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 21 Sep 2012, 15:29

Ok so the cone is driving him bonkers and we are not getting any sleep with him!! Rebecca and noodles kindly sent us a comfy cushion to try but after only 20 mins of wearing it became clear that he could still get to his wound and was licking away like a mad man!! Option 2 was a baby sleep suit (hello kitty!! It was in the sale!!) but this still didn't quite fit right. Final option is a georgeous pair of baby's trousers - personally they are my favourite :wink:

They are also driving him mad so for now he is back in his cone u
Until after the school run and I can spend some time with him! Oh and btw - new bed didn't work so hubby still on sofa!! :shock:

Enjoy!!

Comfy cushion and new bed!

Hello kitty!!!

Georgeous!!

Lindsey and Alfie x

pixie's mum

Re: Options 2,3 and 4!!!

Post by pixie's mum » 21 Sep 2012, 15:42

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I haven't laughed so much in ages - I am really laughing out loud looking at the pictures
Sorry about the bed and comfy collar not working out so far but it's worth persevering if you want to be rid of the crate
Please give Alfie a big hug from me and thanks for the gigles
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

benacus

Post by benacus » 21 Sep 2012, 15:50

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry but that is toooooo cute :D
Helen and Kizzy x

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 21 Sep 2012, 16:28

:lol: Those blue pants are brilliant!!! I dare you to take him out for a walk in them one day!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't worry about keeping him in the cone - thousands of dogs use them!!! They're a fantastic option, it's just nice to have alternatives if your dog really really can't get on with the cone.

Shame about the new bed - looks beautiful!! Probably a good idea when Alfie's out of his cone to put the bed in the crate, then after a couple of days leave the crate door open and eventually see if y ou can take it away. Obviously, an operation, a cone, crate gone and brand new bed is too much for poor Alfie but it doesn't mean you'll need to live with a crate forever x

Phoebe11

Post by Phoebe11 » 21 Sep 2012, 16:33

Sorry Alfie but OH & I have just had a good laugh at your expense but hubby did say poor mite. At least your mum has your best interests at heart and how imaginative is she!
We agree with Maggie the blue ones are fab x
Jo, Phoebe & Darcy

julieju

Post by julieju » 21 Sep 2012, 16:46

:lol: :lol: The blue ones, definitely the blue ones! :lol: :lol:

Aero is very jealous of Alf's nice big bed :wink:

xx
Julie and Aero xx

shellsie

Post by shellsie » 21 Sep 2012, 16:47

Sorry shouldn't laugh but couldn't help it. Alfie looks so cute in them. God love him xxx

:lol: :lol:

McDoodle

Post by McDoodle » 21 Sep 2012, 17:01

The clothes are so funny :lol:
The bed looks beautiful but I agree perhaps one change too many just now.
Best doodle hugs for Alfie.

ArchieBoy

Post by ArchieBoy » 21 Sep 2012, 17:19

Oh...my....word :D Alfie in his little blue pants is THE cutest thing I have ever seen :D

A message from other half though, and I quote "Aww, look at that but how does he go to the loo, bless him?" :D

Love his bed too, but as has been suggested, maybe when he's feeling better and don't worry about your hubby sleeping on the sofa! More room for you to snuggle down in bed :lol:

Kirsty and Archie

ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 21 Sep 2012, 17:22

Try a child's leotard, with a hole cut for the tail, or a child's swimming costume.

Just make sure the length of the body matches his body length to get the right age/size.

Good luck. It is vital he can't reach the stitches or he could end up giving himself an infection and it will all take ages to heal. :(
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Calgary

Post by Calgary » 21 Sep 2012, 17:43

My favourite is definitely the blue trousers!

Hope he settles with something soon so he can heal quickly x

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 21 Sep 2012, 18:22

So funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...............sorry :oops:

The blue ones are my fav :D . Sorry the comfy collar didn't work, maybe you needed a bigger one. Wurly looked swamped in hers, but she couldn't get to any part of her body. :)

Where did you get the bed from, do they do them in larger sizes...................I absolutely love it :D , & want one for Wurly. :mrgreen:
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

hollyminidoodle

Post by hollyminidoodle » 21 Sep 2012, 19:23

Blue trousers all the way if it was my vote - a walk in those would get him extra attention, I think they're very becoming! The 'Hello Kitty' ones however not sure about...my husband has just commented 'Holly wouldn't be allowed to wear the Hello Kitty option if it was my choice and she's a girl'!!

Love the new bed (where's it from?). Hope he's feeling a bit brighter :)

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 21 Sep 2012, 20:15

Glad you all had a giggle :lol:

Mrs admin - his bite wound is on his hind leg so a leotard/costume wouldn't work as it needs legs but great idea for stitches on main body - god forbid I need to contemplate this again! :!:

Don't worry kirsties hubby - I pulled his pants off for him at toilet time!! I thought those days were over since potty training!!

His new bed was from a local pet shop but I have found the company on the net and it's cheaper! I paid £38.99 for Alfie's - it is 70cm. They had a larger one in the shop so I assume this must be the 75cm. (I have to say it looked quite a bit bigger than the one I got Alfie). Alfie is used to a smaller bed and he cuddles up into a small ball but I went for the larger one to accommadate the cone of shame! :D

Anyway the 70 cm is advertised as £27.99 and the 75 cm is £34.99. I looked at lots of beds and liked this one as the sides seemed a bit higher and firmer - you can also chuck it in the washing machine!

Company is sleepy paws. Website: www.sleepypawsdogbeds.com
Bed model is: ancol rich stripe oval

Xx

Lindsey and Alfie x

lara's mum

Post by lara's mum » 21 Sep 2012, 21:02

blue pants - blue pants!! :lol:

How perfect.

And the bed looks great- even if Alfie is not too impressed :roll:
Alison & Lara