including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 11:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pampered Pooch
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 10:00 

Finally we're starting to tie up the bits and bobs of the house extension and we've got Rokers new shower installed...suspect it will be used for the first time later this morning!!

Post subject: Re: Pampered Pooch
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 13:42 

WOW....how brilliant is that. Looks better than our 'human' shower :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 14:12 

:) wow I'm envious. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ....makes my hosepipe with shower head look a little inadequate....please don't let any Doods see this post ...they will all demand one :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 16:58 

I really hope our two don't see this! At the moment they have to make do with the squirty gun on the hosepipe, unless it's really cold and then they get sponged over with a bucket of warm water!

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 22:57 

Superduper shampoosoaker for Roker, a temperature set shower outside was the first request to our plummer when we moved in 2015. An absolute God send for white doods and my back, no more filling the baby bath with gallons of warm water and carrying it to the garden. So a quick foot, leg, belly and moustache shower after a muddy walk
(And that's just for me☺️)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 23:16 

It's certainly a change from the hosepipe off the outside tap. He wasn't sure what to make of it earlier on its first use but think the warm water won him over. Just need to figure a plan out for when he shakes after covering the freshly painted walls!!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 01:18 

Wow! I have shower envy!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 14:40 

Looks great Jonb.
We are currently planning our extension & a food shower in the utility was added to the plans for the same reasons as everyone else experiences. I'd be really keen for any tips / advice regarding things you wish you'd considered. ( seems a shower curtain may be one? :lol: )

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 16:10 

The only problem i'm seeing so far is the post shower shake down but not sure a shower curtain will be much use to stop it. It will be better once the utility room is fitted out with some worktops around the washer and dryer and covers a chunk of the wall. I suspect we'll not be as fussed once its less new as well. :wink: I actually managed to towel him down pretty well before he shook but he's a pain to get properly dry with just a towel so we may have to invest in a dryer nearby to finish him off as much as he hates them!!

In terms of the actual shower, tiled area, drain hole etc it all works very well and you definitely need it set up in a way the shower head can be held whilst the water runs so you have both hands free to do the shampoo or alike. Ours is nothing special just a normal shower unit fitted lower down. If you google "Dog Shower" you see some very fangled set ups but not sure they are needed.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 23:51 

Dont tell stout for goodness sake! We have a stupid corner bath where the ends are too small to fit human shoulders in, and it is really deep so takes ages to fill, and the water gets cold really quickly, but it has a seat in the corner bit, so stout is the only one in our house who can have a bath, with me sitting on the seat and chris the other side, one showers him with a shower on the taps, while one shampoos. The hoomans have a separate shower. We are thinking of changing the bathroom so we can actually have baths, so stout might loose his personal bath!

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 22:59 

Wow! We may have to visit with the doods if we've been your way, jon....! :wink:
It was a toss up whether to keep the long side of the garage for the car, or install a dog shower... At the moment, the car is winning... but getting the dogs upstairs to the bathroom and in our corner bath is a bit of a trial... I'd got used to a downstairs shower at the bungalow.
The dog blaster is really worth persisting with though - our Ianto had to get used to it at hydrotherapy, and the little dood just accepts it now.
Just make sure you have your foot on the nozzle before you turn it on... :roll:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 09:42 

Its out of action currently as i've painted the garage floor to seal in all the concrete dust so everything from the garage is piled up in that utility room so i cant actually get to it but the few times its been used its worked a treat plus its very handy for cleaning my walking boots as well!! At the moment he's having to slum it being hosed down off the outside tap or his preferred option of going in the river in the park to get the majority of stuff off him so i then just wipe him down.

Its well sited as well as i can come in via the garage straight into the utility room to the shower bit without having to go in the main house. There are going to be spray issues from the post shower shake but not sure that can be avoided!!

In terms of drying i'm split currently between some form of dog dryer although the couple of times i tried him with the hair dryer even on low & cool he hated it or one of these drying coats but i suspect trying to get him in it could be entertaining. Currently the winning option is to get him as dry as possible with a towel then let him dry off as he sleeps on the floor that has underfloor heating!!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 18:44 

Truly pampered...!
I've found that the little dood doesn't like the hair dryer, but he's okay with the blaster. But Roker has a different coat to my two - mine are like sponges and have to have the water blown out.
Ianto has an Equafleece onesie which finishes the drying process after hydro... that's brilliant as it can also be used to keep the worst of the mud off him in the first place! They have Ruff&Tumble towelling drying coats, but I find that they tend to hang down on one side.
Maybe you should just go the whole hog, and install a drying cabinet... :roll: :lol: :lol:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017, 23:47 

Wow...so fab and what I dream of in my extension (if we ever get one!). Currently outside hose if not too cold or bad back 'bucket of warm water and shampoo' kit :lol:

Have you tried the immediate 'towel on the head' trick to prevent the shake? It does seem to work with my two but can't remember where I got the idea from! They do look like strange shepherd characters in a school nativity play but who cares if they don't :wink:

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2017, 09:40 

Yep the throw the towel over him as quickly as possible is the current approach and works to an extent. Dry him as much as possible then the shake after that isnt to bad.

He actually quite likes the towel covering him after a shower i think as a throwback to getting hosed down outside with cold water and wanting to get dry and warmer as soon as possible!!