DOODLE FOR REHOMING ON EPUPZ (ANOTHER ONE!!!)

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
C13JAB

DOODLE FOR REHOMING ON EPUPZ (ANOTHER ONE!!!)

Post by C13JAB » 04 Aug 2007, 13:18

THOUGHT I'D POST THIS (HOPE THE LINK WORKS, I'M NOT VERY COMPUTER MINDED :? )

I HAVE SENT THE OWNER AN EMAIL TO SAY I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN REHOMING LEO BUT UNFORTUNATELY COULD NOT OFFER THE £600 ASKING PRICE (I APPRECIATE DOGS ARNT CHEAP AS I HAVE 3 ALREADY)

IF HE COMES BACK TO ME I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED (DESPARATE FOR A DOODLE AT THE MOMENT!!!)

IF HE DOESNT THEN HOPEFULLY BY PUTTING THIS LINK UP SOMEONE MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER HIM THE MONEY AND GET THE BEAUTIFUL DOG A NEW FOREVER HOME :)

http://www.epupz.co.uk/clas/viewdetails.asp?view=124062

gailg

Post by gailg » 04 Aug 2007, 13:24

Hi, I have seen the ad.
Why so many ?
They are obviously being over bred,I feel so sorry for these dogs.It was a strange choice for someone who is retired and I think £600 is a lot.
Best Wishes,Gail

C13JAB

Post by C13JAB » 04 Aug 2007, 13:26

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, HOPEFULLY HE MAY THINK ABOUT MY OFFER OF REHOMING THE DOG, AS I SAID WE COULD OFFER HIM A VERY LOVING/CARING HOME AND GIVE HIM ALL THE ATTENTION HE NEEDS BUT UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT COMEUP WITH £600 (ESPECIALLY DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS WITH A 7 AND 9YR OLD EATING ME OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME AND DOING LOADS OF PARTIES AND ACTIVITIES WITH FRIENDS LOL)

FINGERS CROSSED XX :) :)

chelsea

Post by chelsea » 04 Aug 2007, 13:35

Have you looked at Sasha on the rehoming page :?: Already used to kids and part trained, still young so will settle quickly too :D

A donation to the rescue and a good home is all that is asked for this gorgeous girl.

Here is the link

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com/profiles/sasha.html

C13JAB

Post by C13JAB » 04 Aug 2007, 13:41

hi yes already looked at her and she is gorgeous, but i really have fallen in love with the cream colour doodles (sadly missed maizie i see she has reserved next to her name)

hopefully someone will come along for sasha and give her the home she deserves :)

C13JAB

Post by C13JAB » 04 Aug 2007, 13:43

has anyone noticed how sad i am, able to reply staight away to postings lol, (thats how long i spend flicking between discussions on here!!!!)

really do need to get and doodle and a life!!!!! :oops:

chelsea

Post by chelsea » 04 Aug 2007, 13:45

Thanks for looking anyway and best of luck with your search :D

yoz1881

Post by yoz1881 » 04 Aug 2007, 14:27

I saw that ad for the dog with the retired owner a couple of weeks ago, he is obviously having problems finding a home, so you may be lucky C13JAB
Catherine, owner of Roger & Dylan, the up and coming stud dogs ;-)

C13JAB

Post by C13JAB » 04 Aug 2007, 15:16

THANKS I REALLY DO HOPE SO, ME AND THE KIDS HAVE JUST GOT BACK FROM A LOVELY LONG WALK AROUND FERRY MEADOWS COUNTRY PARK THATS RIGHT ON OUR DOORSTEP, A DOODLES PARADISE!!!!! HERES HOPING LOL

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 04 Aug 2007, 17:02

He looks a beautiful dog, what a shame things haven't worked out for him. :( .
Good luck C13JAB!

amckechnie

Post by amckechnie » 06 Aug 2007, 22:27

I'm sorry but that disgusts me, why can he give the dood away for less than £600 the lovely lady earlier in this thread sounds llike she can give him the loving home he deserves.

sorry some people really annoy me, I understand he feels he wants £600 as he must have paid a lot but surely a loving home is more important.

sorry rant over, i hope he gets the best home for the £600 quid James is demanding!!!
Ash xx

2 doodles are better than 1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45285751@N00/

dozydeb

Post by dozydeb » 07 Aug 2007, 00:48

If I hadnt already got Lara I would have really considered this little chap as he looks a real cutie and I am also in Suffolk, but at the mo it isnt an option unfortunately, a real shame though as he's a GORGEOUS looking dog. I so hope that someone can give him a home. £600 does seem a lot, but maybe being a pensioner, the owner will need the money more, though it makes you wonder how much he paid for Leo in the first place?

C13JAB

Post by C13JAB » 07 Aug 2007, 09:44

Hi Deb, I originally spoke to you when you were having the cat problem by the sounds of things everythings going well for you now, i'm so pleased :)

I had sent the gentleman a couple of emails saying i would gladly give the dog a home but have received no response and the lisiting is no longer on epupz so hopefully leo has found a good home.

dozydeb

Post by dozydeb » 07 Aug 2007, 11:28

Hopefully then Leo is with a new family :D

And yes, things are definately working out with Lara and the moggs :)

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 08 Aug 2007, 09:42

gailg wrote
"Hi, I have seen the ad.
Why so many ?
They are obviously being over bred,I feel so sorry for these dogs.It was a strange choice for someone who is retired and I think £600 is a lot

The answer is obvious, far too many with a bitch are deciding to have a litter, some because they think their bitch is wonderful and they would like a litter for the "experience". There is also (being human) the thought that they will get back the money they paid, why should every body else be in it and not them!
They have have got a point of course, particularly if they have paid a huge amount for their pup there will always be the thought of getting their money back. This site then says.. isnt she lovely, well done if you have done some health tests, carry on , here is a good stud!
What should be said is DONT, there are too many puppies anyway of all breeds, the outlook for your puppies is uncertain and the market is very limited particularly for large boisterous dogs needing extra coat care. I see people with litters advertised on the "rehoming" thread, surely this should only be for genuine rehomes, breeders panicking because they have 7 week old pups unsold, good lord we are used to hanging on to pups for many more weeks until the right homes turn up. There is no RIGHT to sell pups just because you have bred them and they are very hard work.
Those who breed litters to give the bitch a litter or just for money will swamp the dwindling market, end up selling them cheap and even the best reared puppies may remain unsold for long periods, that is the real world of breeding dogs. The honeymoon period for large labradoodles is over, the market has moved to the smaller ones and will move again, only responsible breeders with long term aims should be breeding at all.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS