Night night Holly

For remembering our beloved friends who await us at the Rainbow Bridge
janettehamman

Night night Holly

Post by janettehamman » 14 Jun 2021, 15:50

Returning to the forum after such a long time as my beautiful Holly went over the rainbow bridge on 19th April 2021. We are devastated but did the kindest thing for her in the end it was heartbreaking 💔
She made us so very happy and she had an amazing life, we took her in boats, trains and even planes wherever we went. She was my shadow!
We still have her sister Daisy who is an old lady too now and is missing her so much. We aren’t sure if we should bring another dog in to the house yet but Daisy just seems lost, any advice most welcome
Thanks
Janette x

ImageImage

AnnaB

Re: Night night Holly

Post by AnnaB » 18 Jun 2021, 08:03

Oh Janette I'm so very sorry to hear that you lost your precious Holly. My heartfelt sympathy to you all, these wonderful doodles seem to leave such a huge hole in our lives when they go. I cannot believe that it is nearly seven years since I lost M and I still miss her every day. I'm sure Daisy must also be missing her sister so much and picking up on your sadness too. Could you perhaps find friends with other, perhaps elderly quiet dogs, to come over to visit and see how Daisy feels about having another dog around before you decide on another pup.
I will also add here if okay with you that on the day you posted this (14th) we lost our little JR Mrs Nest, M's constant companion. She was 16 and a half and we are feeling quite at sixes and sevens right now. About seven months ago we took on granddaughter's little JR JacJac as she had had a year of difficulties with Covid, Furlough from work and a lively three year old son, so JacJac came to live with us and has settled really well, enjoying the farm life here. So for the moment we have a youngster to occupy ourselves (he is just five) and don't have the worry about whether to get another dog or not.
Again my sympathy to you all - sending hugs xx

kathiedoodle

Re: Night night Holly

Post by kathiedoodle » 22 Jun 2021, 12:21

So sad to hear the news that Holly and JR Mrs Nest have gone. My heart goes out to you both Janette and Anna. I know what the lose feels like. I think Anna’s suggestion of doggy visits first is a good idea, it will give you the opportunity to see how Daisy reacts.
Sending you hugs
Kathie
ImageImage